OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
homebrew.gif
Pimp My Wii v1.43
Checks for outdated IOS's and more!
pimpmywii.png

A helpful Homebrew that will download and install any new versions of IOS's, check you have the latest Wii System Menu and much more! See the included "readme" file for a full set of features.[/p]

Changelog said:
-Add IOS 58 rev 6175, IOS 80 rev 6943 from 4.3 update. Warning: Those IOS have the "Trucha Bug Restaurer" bug fixed.
-Update the Wii Shop to the revision 19.
-Now also detect System Menu 4.3.
-Update the hidden channel EULA to revision 3 (only in manual mode).
-Warning: If you have a "virgin" 4.3, Pimp cannot do anything for you (because of the correction of the "Trucha Bug Restaurer" bug).

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Source
discuss.png
Discuss
Contributed by luke_c

caster62003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
beegee7730 said:
What does updating the EULA channel do?

I'd assume displays the most up to date EULA. Its kind of common sense.

On a less negative side note: Great job on the program, love the hat in the icon, made me chuckle
biggrin.gif

adriande2

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
Wait, will this update your System Menu to 4.3U? Isn't that a bad idea because of all of the homebrew blocking?
It may or may not be. Who knows if it has a new code rid of the new homebrew channel? Or certain other hacks for that matter.

bluebowser31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im asuming smash stack will still work, corect? (becuase wouldnt they have to alter brawl itself...?)

...wow clicked on wrong post... (meant to go to new wii update...)

caster62003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried it yesterday, and I still had* homebrew channel.

*I don't want 4.3 just yet, don't know why, I just don't want it, so I restored back using NAND.

jeklnoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is NO reason to update to 4.3 as far as I know. It has no new features, all it does it try and fix / stop various homebrew & piracy methods.

If you need to get into the shop, use something like Dop-SHOP to update it.

caster62003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or manually install ShopChannel v19 and IOS 61 via wads.

But yes, 4.3 is a useless excuse to update your Wii, and you should spend your time on something better, like reading the 70+ pages about 4.3 and how useless it is
biggrin.gif

NatureMade

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so, when I ran it, it told me all of my stuff was out of date.
Then I clicked through each individual IOS [tells me what will get installed, what will get trucha'd, etc] and then the installation part.
This is where it starts to fail. Every single IOS it tried to install, I get an error saying it couldn't.

Is this because I'm still on 4.1U, or is there another reason? something I did wrong?

joelozy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to let you know that this does not upgrade to 4.3. It just updates your IOSes and the Shopping Channel. I still have all my homebrew after using this, and it works pretty well.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
So - just to check -

I'm a total Newbie - I've only just soft-modded my Wii (which has/had 4.2E) using this guide

I eventually managed to get it to install HackMii, Homebrew Channel & play DVD's
I did have a lot of trouble with me needing something called 'ios202' to play DVD's which wouldn't install offline, because I didn't have the 'trucha bug' or something - but after a lot of hassle I finally managed it (by doing it 'online' using the nintendo USB WiFi adpator to download the required files)

Anyway - back on topic.... Am I right that if I install 'Pimp my wii' into the Homebrew channel & run it - it will check that I have all the latest updates or IOS's (or whatever they're called), download them & update etc - but still keep the Homebrew and DVD playback etc - & I don't have to muck about with NUS Downloader, DOP-Mii v12 or Piiloader ???

EDIT: OK I took the plunge & tried it out
It found quite a few outdated/missing IOS's - & I let it update using 'online' through my Ninty USB WiFi Adaptor
Shop channel works, Homebrew Channel still exists and DVD playback (via WiiMC) still works - even deleting stuff through Homebrew channel works now (It crashed last time I tried)

todd72173

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just ran Pimp my ride 2.02-

It DOES update your system to 4.1. It also made my Homebrew channel upside down (any idea how to fix)?

However, my USB drive works, all backups work and all. So I guess I did not mess it up to bad, or did I?

RangerLink667

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
CannonFoddr said:
So - just to check -

I'm a total Newbie - I've only just soft-modded my Wii (which has/had 4.2E) using this guide

I eventually managed to get it to install HackMii, Homebrew Channel & play DVD's
I did have a lot of trouble with me needing something called 'ios202' to play DVD's which wouldn't install offline, because I didn't have the 'trucha bug' or something - but after a lot of hassle I finally managed it (by doing it 'online' using the nintendo USB WiFi adpator to download the required files)

Anyway - back on topic.... Am I right that if I install 'Pimp my wii' into the Homebrew channel & run it - it will check that I have all the latest updates or IOS's (or whatever they're called), download them & update etc - but still keep the Homebrew and DVD playback etc - & I don't have to muck about with NUS Downloader, DOP-Mii v12 or Piiloader ???

EDIT: OK I took the plunge & tried it out
It found quite a few outdated/missing IOS's - & I let it update using 'online' through my Ninty USB WiFi Adaptor
Shop channel works, Homebrew Channel still exists and DVD playback (via WiiMC) still works - even deleting stuff through Homebrew channel works now (It crashed last time I tried)
Just so you know, wiimc has a bit of lag that is annoying, at least my version does. a much better program to use is MPlayer CE. much less buggy, and can load off usb as well, if you want to play movie off a hard drive. im on 4.2E too

waitaminute

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jeklnoo said:
There is NO reason to update to 4.3 as far as I know. It has no new features, all it does it try and fix / stop various homebrew & piracy methods.
Some games will require you to use 4.3, though.

So does PMW 1.43 install system channel 4.3 and still keep everything wide open for homebrew, backups, and whatever else one might want to run?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: