Pikmin NTSC black and white problem!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Octorox, Mar 25, 2009.

Mar 25, 2009
  1. Octorox
    OP

Newcomer Octorox Newbie

Australia
    This is my first post so please don't be mean or insult me for being a noob.

I have gotten Pikmin NTSC (new Play control), I've used regionfrii and brickblocker and I use the latest backup loader (0.3). (burned with IMGburn) I go into options when i force PAL60 or PAL50 it just has a green screen. When I do for NTSC it works but in Black and white. If I just let it run without doing anything it runs in black and white.

I'd really aprechiate it if someone could help me I've tried a lot of things but nothing seems to work and I've heard some things about the TV not supporting the region.

All my other games run fine (animal crossing, wii music,zack and wiki, guitar hero 3) but they were all PAL.

I'd really like some help, thanks. [​IMG]

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    If you get black&white playback with force NTSC, your tv doesn't support NTSC. This might be one of the games that only can be run in the video mode region they were made for. You can try my toy(look at my sig) and let it patch the game to PAL, but it dosn't work for all problem games, only for some of them.

3. Octorox
    OP

Newcomer Octorox Newbie

Australia

I've downloaded R7 but how exactly do I install it?

Do I use wadmanager or something? Or would I need to download softchip?

4. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    No install, just run it. .dols are supposed to be run with the homebrew channel. Make sure the .dol is named boot.dol and is placed in an own folder in /apps/ on your sd card, like /apps/toy/boot.dol.