Hardware Pikachu 3DS XL

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so did everybody who wanted one get one?
i waited at target from 7am with my brother there were two people infront of me in line and 1 behind me. the target only got 2 thankfully the two people infront of us only got one so my little brother bought his.
then i had to call seven targets and drive to three to get mine. three of the targets i called had already sold out one had never even gotten any. after drove to two that sold out in-between the time i called and the ten minutes it took me to get there, finally the third target had one left of their original two.

L_o_N_e_R

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i waited at target from 7am with my brother there were two people infront of me in line and 1 behind me. the target only got 2 thankfully the two people infront of us only got one so my little brother bought his.
then i had to call seven targets and drive to three to get mine. three of the targets i called had already sold out one had never even gotten any. after drove to two that sold out in-between the time i called and the ten minutes it took me to get there, finally the third target had one left of their original two.

I got mine, I was the first to buy one... my Target sold out in 2 minutes -_-
Skin protector put on right when I transferred all my stuff from my old 3DS... This thing is awesome. Now I'm going to go get luigi's mansion

stok3d

Retro Gaming Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I raced to walmart at 7:30am after checking their hours and realizing they opened at 7am. I had my wife check the day before and she told me they opened at 8am on sunday. WRONG. The sales lady had her little stock cart parked in front of the 3ds display, she was loading up the many copies of dark moon. In her little cart was a small box..I asked her about the pikachu's, she opened her box and had two. when nintendo says limited time only i guess they mean it? one 3ds had a collapsed corner as if it were banged/dropped so grabbed the other one. I was the only one there for it in my city of about 50k.

According to this article I found, they are selling out fast, if not sold out already.

dark moon is stellar, btw, one of the most polished games i've seen in a while.

good luck to anyone looking for one

stok3d

Retro Gaming Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got mine, I was the first to buy one... my Target sold out in 2 minutes -_-
Skin protector put on right when I transferred all my stuff from my old 3DS... This thing is awesome. Now I'm going to go get luigi's mansion

congrats :D oh don't forget to register both and get your free digital game from nintendo, link is here.

LegendAssassinF

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I was able to get the 3 I wanted but had to deal with Toysrus being a complete ass that I have to call the main office because they wouldn't price match with Target. So now my friend and my girlfriend are happy but they own me 180$ until i get this fixed lol Going to use the extra gift cards to buy Luigi Mansion and another game so I can get 3 games for basically free lol

stok3d

Retro Gaming Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was able to get the 3 I wanted but had to deal with Toysrus being a complete ass that I have to call the main office because they wouldn't price match with Target. So now my friend and my girlfriend are happy but they own me 180$ until i get this fixed lol Going to use the extra gift cards to buy Luigi Mansion and another game so I can get 3 games for basically free lol

cool. judging by some 'pikachu 3ds xl sold out' searches i've done, there's some pretty disappointed people out there today.

Zaide

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ended up getting one from Target. They only got 3 in stock and I was the third person in line when they opened (there was one guy with his 3 year old daughter behind me).

These things are selling super fast. If you haven't gotten one by now you probably won't be getting one at all.

LegendAssassinF

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
cool. judging by some 'pikachu 3ds xl sold out' searches i've done, there's some pretty disappointed people out there today.

Well the Toysrus I went to actually had like 10 of them surprisingly lol The Target only had 3 when I got there but they were selling it online as well.

deshayzilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been out in Japan and Europe for a while now. North America just barely got ours.

Yeah it sold out pretty quickly too. Not much of a PR campaign on Nintendo's behalf, the internet spread the message like wild fire. Didn't expect such a rush at my Target. Had to step into a ToysRus for the first time in like 5 years to get one.

It's an awesome looking system. I've never owned a limited edition system before. The screen size is just amazing, I don't think I could go back to playing my regular 3DS now.

I can see what everyone is complaining about with the resolution but honestly being able to see my games trumps it. Looks like you'll just have to wait until the 3DS XLHD comes out in 1.5 years.

Randamin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have much interest in getting one of these but wow hopefully didn't think initial production would be so limited hope there is more stock released later

Bluetank

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah most of the US Pikachu 3DSXLs are gone and the only real chance of getting one now is through sites like eBay. I ordered mine through Toys R Us online due to some stores in my area not even getting one along with way too many eBay/Craigslist people visiting my area just to buy and resell it.

If anyone here (in the US) went with ordering online you can always try/call and see if a local (Target/Walmart/Toys R Us, store you bought it with) will give you the price difference. My local Toys R Us told me if my system arrives before this week ends and I bring that Target ad along they will give me the price difference (I have no clue if its cash/refunded credit/store card or gift card though).

LegendAssassinF

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm not too sure about that I paid for it online and they wouldn't give me the price difference or the gift card. I had to return it then rebuy them for the price.

Yeah most of the US Pikachu 3DSXLs are gone and the only real chance of getting one now is through sites like eBay. I ordered mine through Toys R Us online due to some stores in my area not even getting one along with way too many eBay/Craigslist people visiting my area just to buy and resell it.

If anyone here (in the US) went with ordering online you can always try/call and see if a local (Target/Walmart/Toys R Us, store you bought it with) will give you the price difference. My local Toys R Us told me if my system arrives before this week ends and I bring that Target ad along they will give me the price difference (I have no clue if its cash/refunded credit/store card or gift card though).

Zaide

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have much interest in getting one of these but wow hopefully didn't think initial production would be so limited hope there is more stock released later
I hope there is never more of them produced, ever. It would demean it's value as a collector's item. I'm sick of companies saying they're going to release a "limited" edition and then continuing to make more and more of them. It's called a "limited" edition for a reason.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can't believe it's sold out so quick in the US. Still available here, even though it's been out since December 7th. No love for Pikachu here I guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse