Gaming Picross ? never heard of it

appleb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1 problem with picross - sometimes the board leaves you with no other option than to guess. that's not very puzzley is it?

or am i missing something?

I gone through all the Easy and almost half the Normal mode puzzles, and all of them were done logically without guessing.

If you get stuck, you should concentrate on any large numbers and determine the possible places they can go. For example, on a 10x10 grid, the sequence 2 4 doesn't looking very promising, but it's enough to tell you that the 7th column will be filled because the 4 will always overlap that spot.

xenon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
To everyone playing this brilliant game: playing with the stylus seems functional enough, but try the buttons and you'll never go back!
wink.gif

Amiable-Akuma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently sought out, found, and bought the original Mario's Picross game boy title. Played it, thought it was somewhat interesting for 2 minutes, then realized I hated it.

A lot of people brag about how brilliant the game was but I think it's totally for fans of old traditional boardgames like Mahjong or whatever. You have to be insanely patient, be willing to sit around looking at the board for dozens of minutes at a time, and then react slowly until you complete the puzzle.

It's very anti-modern gamer. Unless the DS makes it somehow much more accessible but drastically changing the formula, I can't see how it will be that popular.

strummer12

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fun game. Kinda reminds me of sudoku. I played the first 10 puzzles and I'm still getting the hang of it, but it's a good game if you're good at seeing patterns.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had never played a picross game before this one, and now I ask myself a question. Why haven't I?

I am in absolute love with this game.

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Started playing it myself a few days ago, already on free mode. One of the most addicting puzzle games ever! Beats the shit outta sudoku and all that other crap with ease. They need to put this stuff in the free newspapers instead of that.
smile.gif

amiantos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed that the latest IGN review (I think) complains about stylus controls. Also, other people are complaining about the stylus controls. Here's a tip:

Use the d-pad. You don't need to hit the pen and X icons with the stylus. If you're moving around the playing field by dragging the stylus across the screen and decide to mark the square, hold UP on the d-pad and hit the square. This will temporarily activate pen mode, and once you let go of the d-pad it'll go back to drag mode. If you press DOWN on the d-pad and hold it and hit a square, that will make an X.

I find that this method is really quick, intuitive, and easy to grasp. I dunno why people have trouble with the stylus controls, I'm sure the pure button mode can't be any better.

jenngcia

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Is it possible to download the extra puzzles without WFC. I am not on broadband and can't access the WFC. Anyone wanna upload a save file with the extra puzzles? I assume the extra puzzles are stored in the save file . BTW, I'm on R4.

If not...then I will have to hunt down a local McDonalds with free wifi...
smile.gif

Rankio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to download the extra puzzles without WFC. I am not on broadband and can't access the WFC. Anyone wanna upload a save file with the extra puzzles? I assume the extra puzzles are stored in the save file . BTW, I'm on R4.

If not...then I will have to hunt down a local McDonalds with free wifi...
smile.gif

I'd be interested in this also.

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
We'll have to trade saves.

The European version has only two Mario's Picross packs available at the moment, released in a periodical basis. The Japanese version has a lot more because it was released a while back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp