Physical dimensions of Atari 2600?

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by TotalInsanity4, Nov 20, 2016.

1. TotalInsanity4
    OP

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    I'm looking to make a "VCS Classic Edition" and I need to know dimensions so I can make a proportional case for a pi 3 + ControlBlock. Unfortunately, I can't find any dimensioned drawings online, so I'm asking my favorite gaming community, since I'd imagine at least a few of you still have an old Atari lying around. I'd like to know
    • Depth
    • Width at base
    • Width at top of deck
    • Height to top of control panel
    • Height to top of deck
    • Depth at base of control panel
    • Depth at top of control panel
    • Height/width of cartridge slot
    • Distance from top/side of cartridge slot to edge

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    I don't know of anywhere doing engineering drawings of consoles, might make an interesting project even though I certainly don't need another of those right now, but there are a fair few 3d models of the 2600 out there if a quick search is anything to go by.

How many are mm exact, much less suitable for parts replication, I do not know but for your purposes it should do.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  3. TotalInsanity4
    OP

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    I did find a few 3D models but they were stuff you had to pay money for

4. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    http://tf3dm.com/3d-model/atari-2600-8049.html offered a 3ds max format version for free (not even an account). I don't have a max compatible 3d viewer on this machine but might be worth a look.

Alas I don't have a 2600 or I would have busted out the micrometer and callipers already.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.