Phone advice

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones and Media Players' started by ykhan, Sep 18, 2011.

Sep 18, 2011

Phone advice by ykhan at 7:37 PM (1,427 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. ykhan
    OP

Member ykhan GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Ok so im looking to replace my phone (nokia e71) and i can get pretty much get any phone provided that its on a contract by vodafone (with vodafone because i get 50% off on contracts). Im thinking of getting the blackberry bold 9900, any other ideas or can anyone vouch for this phone?

2. CarbonX13

Member CarbonX13 GBAtemp 台灣人

Taiwan
    I'd avoid BlackBerry entirely. Their new devices are no more powerful than those from two years ago, and just isn't worth your money nowadays.

3. jamesaa

Member jamesaa The Prince of Insufficient Light

United Kingdom
    I would say get an android device, what one i'm no expert on and it depends what you're looking for in a phone. But i'm loving my Xperia Play.

Just noticed they do the Samsung Galaxy SII which is meant to be a good phone, but can be a bit pricey - though with 50% off a contract i suppose that doesn't matter too much.

4. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    That's not true, the 9900 is a great blackberry phone, it's performance is smooth and snappy, the problem is that it's running Blackberry OS, which is still just as dated as it was years ago, just now it runs smooth.

If you can get the Galaxy S II, that's still THE phone to beat, but the iPhone 5 and whatever Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0) Nexus device are right around the corner