Gaming Phoenix Wright Stlye Stock Trading Game!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the wiki:
Stock Trader Shun in English) is an upcoming adventure game for the Nintendo DS from Capcom. It is due to be released in Japan on June 7th, 2007. The game is about a young stock trader named Shun Aiba. Shun's father was a trader who went bankrupt and disappeared when he was 13. Five years later, you are summoned by your father's former trading partner, Toru Narasaki, who wishes to teach you the tricks of the trade. Shun is joined by Hanako Kirikagura, the daughter of a family of entrepreneurs and Toru's pupil.

The gameplay is split into two parts: adventure and trading. Adventure mode is apparently much like Capcom's Ace Attorney series, where Shun travels around town furthering the story. Trading mode consists of Shun battling against rival traders, earning a set amount of money, or trading with an AI partner. Shun can purchase or gain Trading Arts to increase his skills in this mode.

Kabu Trader Shun is being produced by Tatsuya Kitabayashi (Mega Man: Maverick Hunter X, Mega Man Powered Up) and directed by Ikuo Ando (planning for Haunting Ground, scenario head for Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter).
ME0000818869_2.jpg
ME0000748109_2.jpg
ME0000818870_2.jpg

ME0000748103_2.jpg
ME0000813910_2.jpg
ME0000748106_2.jpg

Had my eye on this last year and I reckon it could be a winner, its out in Japan next week and I'm hoping the success of Phoenix Wright could help this come over to English speaking shores. Here is the official site

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While the rest of the game is in Japanese, at least you'll know how to buy and sell!
nyanya.gif

Legend

.missing
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I absolutely love the fact that they're coming out with videogames that are based around COMPLETELY boring things, and are able to make them somewhat exciting.

I'm both impressed, and apaulled.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was Kabushiki Baibai Trainer by Konami. Bandai Namco has one coming too.

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
It doesn't sound all that interesting to me for some reason - then again trading stock isn't nearly as exciting as solving murder cases and having intense court battles in my opinion.

CrazyJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am very interested since I am a business major in college and I sometimes help my mother manage her stock portfolio, though my biggest mistake was selling google so soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...