Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney freezes when saving

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by théo, May 13, 2009.

May 13, 2009
  1. théo
    OP

Newcomer théo Member

Puerto Rico
    I have a Acekard 2i with AKAIO 1.4.1 and I been having this problem with phoenix wright ace attorney that whenever I save when I finish a chapter most of the time it freezes. The upper screen changes but the lower one stays at the SAVE one. I reset the DSi and loads up the game fine. Any idea of what could be causing this issue? Thanks for your time.

2. blackwolf1006

Newcomer blackwolf1006 Member

United States
    try the official firmware. The Official firmware is more compatible.

3. roofus619

Newcomer roofus619 Newbie

United States
    Hold the A button while loading the rom. The word LOADING should stay blue. It changes the DMA mode.

4. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    >.> does it matter? You can soft reset in seconds via the game. select + start + L + R = reset to the main menu of the game.

5. théo
    OP

Newcomer théo Member

Puerto Rico
    Whats the DMA mode?

6. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    Direct Memory Access mode I believe.

Quote from the wiki:
    Games are loaded via DMA mode by default, which enhances performance in many games. AKAIO on the R.P.G. uses DMA on the microSD at all times with currently is no way to turn it off. On the AK2 DMA is active when the "Loading" text turns red or green.

As of v1.4.1 the new DMA-QuickSave mode has been made default. You can see that this mode is working when the "Loading" text turns green. This new mode fixes video and sound glitches which occur in older patching modes, and offers faster save writing/reading support.

The original DMA mode can be accessed by holding "X". You can see that this mode is working when the "Loading" text turns red. This uses the same patching method as holding "A" but with the benefit of DMA.

If you encounter a problem with a particular game, you can disable DMA mode by holding the "A" button while loading. In this case the "Loading" text will stay blue.

7. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    It would seem some games (the only one I can think of off the top of my head is AC:WW [E]) still don't have DMA Quick-Save mode, since the loading is red, and there are sound glitches, a few graphical glitches, it goes a little choppy at times and cheats refuse to work. I think the latter is more of a problem with the game, however.