ROM Hack Phoenix Wright 2 with PW1 musics ?

gifds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone !

I'm currently doing the second Phoenix Wright game.

The game seems pretty cool, except the soundtrack is ... bad. :( (at least when you compared with ost from Phoenix Wright 1)

So I had an idea, I would like to play Phoenix Wright 2 with all of the courtroom soundtracks of Phoenix Wright 1 !

I've found this thread : gbatemp.net/threads/gyakuten-saiban-2-phoenix-wright-2-music-hack.39042/

But the url is dead... so, is anyone know where can I find the download link of this .sdat file ? :o

If not, maybe I can import the soundtrack myself ? But how ? I've already tried replace files with DS Sound Studio and NSMBe but this change nothing when I use vgmtrans to listen :/

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If I have the SDAT still it is buried on some hard drive somewhere and otherwise unknown to me.

That said as part of the audio hacking section of https://gbatemp.net/threads/gbatemp-rom-hacking-documentation-project-new-2016-edition-out.73394/ (section 4.1.5 under the injection example) I did at least one of the tracks, in this case the objection track.
If you can follow what was done there then the rest will be variations on that concept, no particularly great knowledge or reasoning skills needed to do.

gifds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I have the SDAT still it is buried on some hard drive somewhere and otherwise unknown to me.

Oh, too bad :/

That said as part of the audio hacking section of gbatemp.net/threads/gbatemp-rom-hacking-documentation-project-new-2016-edition-out.73394/ (section 4.1.5 under the injection example) I did at least one of the tracks, in this case the objection track.
If you can follow what was done there then the rest will be variations on that concept, no particularly great knowledge or reasoning skills needed to do.

Thanks, I'll try ! :)

gifds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That said as part of the audio hacking section of gbatemp.net/threads/gbatemp-rom-hacking-documentation-project-new-2016-edition-out.73394 (section 4.1.5 under the injection example) I did at least one of the tracks, in this case the objection track.

Okay I've followed the document, replaced all tracks I want, but now, the game freeze when it's supposed to play "Objection !" sound on title screen. Also, VGMTrans can't load the rom.

I suppose it's because I've replaced tracks with a larger size than the originals... but I don't really understand the second part of the tutorial.

Maybe you can help me ? Here's the sound_data.sdat: drive*google*com/file/d/1aLOCrWd7vgGqChrIahgd6IrHrjO05duM/view?usp=sharing (juste replace * by . sorry I can't use URL :/)

Here's the list of all tracks I want to replace with BGM ID for each song in each game:

TrackPhoenix Wright 1Phoenix Wright 2
Courtroom Intro877
Trial1369
Examination1072
Examination Variation1173
Trick571
Objection470
Cornered274
Cornered Variation375
Truth2478
Search Core1264

Last edited by gifds,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If VGMtrans can't do it where it could before then something got corrupted somewhere.

I don't know what stage that might have happened at, it could well have been when files were made larger (there is a fair bit that has to happen for that).

If you want to do each bank and track once set at a time, checking with vgmtrans at each point, then that might help narrow things down.

gifds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If VGMtrans can't do it where it could before then something got corrupted somewhere.

I don't know what stage that might have happened at, it could well have been when files were made larger (there is a fair bit that has to happen for that).

If you want to do each bank and track once set at a time, checking with vgmtrans at each point, then that might help narrow things down.

Thanks, so I tried like you said: by cheking with vgmtrans between each injection, and for each time VGMtrans froze, I went to the previous rom version.

So, here's the files which corrupt the rom:
TrackPhoenix Wright 1Phoenix Wright 2Files with problem
Courtroom Intro877BGM, BANK, WAVE
Trial1369BANK
Examination1072BGM, WAVE
Examination Variation1173BANK
Trick571BANK
Objection470BGM, WAVE
Cornered274BANK
Cornered Variation375BGM, WAVE
Truth2478WAVE
Search Core1264BANK

Last edited by gifds,

gifds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried with that program : drive*google*com/file/d/0B9ZYBSGvTGbiSWJUYWYyNy1idkU/view

And it works perfectly... except the sequences doesn't have the same soundfont due to the WAVE_AGB_BGM file. So I tried your method to replace the soundfont (I'm French so I've replaced the WAVE_SE0BF file instead of WAVE_SE0B8) and it goes like this in my hex editor for the trial music : imgur*com/oRnFcJn.png

It looks right in DS Sound Studio and in vgmtrans : imgur*com/vuWLntp.png

But the result is : in game, instead of trial music, there's nothing. There's no music, just sounds effects. :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here