Hacking PHEXE

djricekcn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A tool for viewing/deleting your backed up Playstation Vita content (via Content Manager Assistant).

What can it do at the moment?
  • View
  • Playstation Minis
  • Playstation Portable & Save Games
  • Playstation Vita Games & Apps
  • Delete Individually via Right clicking name
  • Shows the Title, the Playstation ID Code and the Size of the Game/App
  • Automatically retrieve the path to your Vita Directory from Registry
  • If Sony’s Content Manager Assistant is not installed or set up, you can specify a directory to use

Known Issues
  • Has trouble deleting item if Icon is in use by windows explorer. You can rememdy this by either restarting your PC or Explorer.exe (Windows Issue)

Coming Soon (Todo List)
  • Add more details from the local SFO file to the information box on the right. Ie./ Tech details.
  • Maybe add Web information retrieved from gaming sites or just links to product pages

* Requires .Net 4.0

http://phexe.com/

JFTS

Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
I don't understand. Can't you just plug the PS Vita into the computer and manage your files via "drag n' drop" like with the PSP?

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't understand. Can't you just plug the PS Vita into the computer and manage your files via "drag n' drop" like with the PSP?
No you have to go trough content manager which forces you to have an open internet connection so they can force a firmware update if you want to back up things or transfer files which was why OpenCMA was made.

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Nope

I don't see why this is needed anyway, you can do all this from your Vita
Alternative I guess but I rather an alternative to CMA that lets me access the Vita like how I can access the PSP.

JFTS

Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
No you have to go trough content manager which forces you to have an open internet connection so they can force a firmware update if you want to back up things or transfer files which was why OpenCMA was made.

So, if you want to transfer some videos, images etc. on the PS VIta, you have to use Content Manager?

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country

So, if you want to transfer some videos, images etc. on the PS VIta, you have to use Content Manager?
Yes as of the moment.

I wouldn't.

Handling content on the Vita is fine the way it is.
Lol. You can't access the Vita's memory card and drag and drop content to it like with the PSP and you call that fine? lol.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Lol. You can't access the Vita's memory card and drag and drop content to it like with the PSP and you call that fine? lol.
do you really need to?

plug in vita to PC, browse contents on there without messing around on PC, copy over, take lead out, done.

i guess people are forgetting about ipods! at least CMA only takes up little memory, you have to use iTunes which is poorly coded and lags so much to transfer content!

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
do you really need to?

plug in vita to PC, browse contents on there without messing around on PC, copy over, take lead out, done.
I rather have full control of it rather than a semi-limited control that only allows what Sony lets you so no restrictions.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I rather have full control of it rather than a semi-limited control that only allows what Sony lets you so no restrictions.
define 'full control'.

you can copy over music, videos and pictures. what else do you want? it's a handheld console.

at least this way you can see what videos are compatible with the Vita.

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
define 'full control'.

you can copy over music, videos and pictures. what else do you want? it's a handheld console.

at least this way you can see what videos are compatible with the Vita.
But with the PSP you can do so much more, add/remove plugins, copy ISOs over etc

CMA only lets what Sony allows you to copy over and its not the best system to begin with so I want an alternative that does let you drag and drop, maybe you don't like having freedom and no restrictions with your console but I do. Also you don't have to use iTunes with the Apple devices, I use WinAMP and it works much better.

Un4tural

Trophies
XP
Country
basically you want a easier way for people to be able to crack the vita is what your saying without trying to sound like a pirate.

thats not what he is saying.

Personally i agree with him, this method is utter crap. i have to move all my crap to my videos/music/pictures folder to move to vita. i like my stuff organized the way it is. Sony no likey that, and browsing through folders and stuff is way quicker and easier in file explorer rather than VITA. IT IS A USELESS ANNOYANCE.

Warlord698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea, the absolute least they could do is allow you to use multiple source folders ( one to save to and one to pull from)

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
basically you want a easier way for people to be able to crack the vita is what your saying without trying to sound like a pirate.

thats not what he is saying.

Personally i agree with him, this method is utter crap. i have to move all my crap to my videos/music/pictures folder to move to vita. i like my stuff organized the way it is. Sony no likey that, and browsing through folders and stuff is way quicker and easier in file explorer rather than VITA. IT IS A USELESS ANNOYANCE.
This. Why would I want someone else to dictate how much control can i have on a console i bought with my money, its like buying a TV and having the TV company choose what you can watch on it, its just ridiculous and annoying.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure: What to have for lunch [12:57 pm] [tap, tap, tap.. 💡] brb