Phat Hardware- Replacement screen or faceplate?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Danny Tanner, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Danny Tanner
    OP

Member Danny Tanner GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Well, I bought a used PSP, but there are some scratches on the "screen." I want to buy a replacement, but I'm not sure what I need to order. Looking at the machine, there or no noticeable gaps between the 'screen' and the faceplate where the buttons reside. So if I order a new screen, will I still have scratches, because they are actually on the outside faceplate?

Also, can I get a PSP sized phillips head screwdriver out commonly, or should I plan on ordering one of those too?

2. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    You need a replacement faceplate for whatever model PSP you've bought (model 2000 faceplates don't fit on a 1000 and vice versa). Use the smallest phillips screwdriver you have, take all screws out of the back of the psp, lift off the faceplate, take all buttons out and transfer to the new faceplate (screwdriver needed again to get the joystick off and the bottom button strip has adhesive on it) re screw on new faceplate and job's done.

3. Danny Tanner
    OP

Member Danny Tanner GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Thanks! You saved me $60 on the actual screen I had in my cart. D'oh! In better news, it seems like a much easier process than replacing the DS screen.

4. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    It is. The faceplate is extremely simple to remove but you'll have to remove a warranty void if removed sticker (of course with it being a 1000 that expired ages ago)

5. zhuzhuchina

Member zhuzhuchina GBAtemp Advanced Fan

China
    just faceplate