Phantom Brave coming to Steam this July

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Chary, May 17, 2016.

1. Chary
    OP

Chary Never sleeps

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    RKADzbu6fCZoXCGzjAmbpM-650-80.jpg
    NIS America is bringing another one of it's titles to PC this summer. Phantom Brave was originally a PS2 title, which also got PSP and Wii releases later down the road. The PC version will be a "definitive" edition, offering features from all 3 versions.

:arrow: Source

2. DragorianSword

DragorianSword GBAtemp's #1 Gunter

Oct 31, 2008
    Belgium
    Don't you mean "definitive", as in "final"?

Chary likes this.
  3. Nevermore

Nevermore GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2014
    United States
    Can't spell definitive without fin.

4. Thelucario21

Thelucario21 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2014
    United States
    why are the min specs so high? it's mostly 2D, only the stages themselves are 3D, and if I remember Disgaea 3 on PS3 NIS' Turn-Based Strategy games aren't exactly visually or technically advanced. I'm guessing they're doing a lazy port and releasing the Wii version with the other version's features jammed in, in a emulator or using a retooled executable to run the same code since the recommended specs are similar Dolphin's recommended specs, just with more RAM required.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  5. Chary
    OP

Chary Never sleeps

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    This is what I get for posting news right after waking up. Edited, thanks.

DragorianSword likes this.
  6. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    isnt that the game with the terrible controls?

7. Fatih120

Fatih120 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 22, 2016
    Canada
    Cornwall, Ontario
    I'M SO HYPED THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE GAMES OF ALL TIME SINCE I PLAYED IT ON THE WII

8. FireEmblemGuy

FireEmblemGuy Celebrating a decade of shitposting

Jul 6, 2007
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    It's no secret that the port team has no goddamn idea what they're doing. Just look at the Steam forums for Disgaea PC. Hell, their solution for wonky controls was to A) disable analog control and B) poll for input less often, instead of actually finding what the problem was and fixing it. It's been about three months since release and I don't think the game is anywhere near stable.

And yeah, Disgaea 3, while not really graphically advanced from its PS2 counterparts, was notoriously bad in its optimization, to the point where even though it reused/reimplemented mostly the same systems from the PS2 games it was still enough to cause lag at times on the then-advanced Cell processor.

They are actually doing an open beta for Phantom Brave, in hopes that they can get it launched in a better state than Disgaea, but I think signups are already closed.

Subtle Demise and Thelucario21 like this.
  9. NORBIN

NORBIN Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2016
    Canada
    Neptune
    Hmmm might end up getting this even though I already have it on PSP, I certainly liked Disgaea PC a lot more than it's handheld counterpart.