Phantom Brave coming to Steam this July

RKADzbu6fCZoXCGzjAmbpM-650-80.jpg

NIS America is bringing another one of it's titles to PC this summer. Phantom Brave was originally a PS2 title, which also got PSP and Wii releases later down the road. The PC version will be a "definitive" edition, offering features from all 3 versions.

• MINIMUM SPECS:
    • Processor: Intel Core2 Quad Q9300 2.5 GHz
    • Memory: 2 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Radeon HD 5450

• RECOMMENDED:
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-4670K
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Geforce GT 640, Radeon HD 6450

:arrow: Source

D

Deleted User

why are the min specs so high? it's mostly 2D, only the stages themselves are 3D, and if I remember Disgaea 3 on PS3 NIS' Turn-Based Strategy games aren't exactly visually or technically advanced. I'm guessing they're doing a lazy port and releasing the Wii version with the other version's features jammed in, in a emulator or using a retooled executable to run the same code since the recommended specs are similar Dolphin's recommended specs, just with more RAM required.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why are the min specs so high? it's mostly 2D, only the stages themselves are 3D, and if I remember Disgaea 3 on PS3 NIS' Turn-Based Strategy games aren't exactly visually or technically advanced. I'm guessing they're doing a lazy port and releasing the Wii version with the other version's features jammed in, in a emulator or using a retooled executable to run the same code since the recommended specs are similar Dolphin's recommended specs, just with more RAM required.
It's no secret that the port team has no goddamn idea what they're doing. Just look at the Steam forums for Disgaea PC. Hell, their solution for wonky controls was to A) disable analog control and B) poll for input less often, instead of actually finding what the problem was and fixing it. It's been about three months since release and I don't think the game is anywhere near stable.

And yeah, Disgaea 3, while not really graphically advanced from its PS2 counterparts, was notoriously bad in its optimization, to the point where even though it reused/reimplemented mostly the same systems from the PS2 games it was still enough to cause lag at times on the then-advanced Cell processor.

They are actually doing an open beta for Phantom Brave, in hopes that they can get it launched in a better state than Disgaea, but I think signups are already closed.

NORBIN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmmm might end up getting this even though I already have it on PSP, I certainly liked Disgaea PC a lot more than it's handheld counterpart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1