Gaming Phantasy Star Online

Spikey

Your Special Someone
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to play it on the Dreamcast and even the Gamecube, so I randomly decided to go about a look, and there's a decent private server and you can download and play it on the PC. According to the site, you can also go on the same servers using just about every other version of the game. The only version you can't play seems to be the Xbox Version(due to xbox live). So I started playing this today and wasted the entire day doing it, but I had a blast! Figured I'd post on here about it to see if other members were playing and wanted to group up on there sometime. Or if they weren't on there if they wanted to grab it and play some time. If someone maybe wants to hook up and play with me, don't be shy and shoot out a PM. I'll get to it as soon as I can.

http://www.schtserv.com/
There's the site for the private server. One can even grab Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst there, automatically set up for use with those private servers and everything. Anyways, catch you guys around, I hope.

Pizzaroo

douchebag
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AW HELL YEAH. I'm downloading a copy of v1 PSO PAL (or NTSC-U, either one)

EDIT: for dreamcast XD
EDIT 2: Wait where can you get the pre-patched BB client?
EDIT 3: nvm I found it XD

Spikey

Your Special Someone
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raiyu245 said:
I'm not exactly sure which one to download. What exactly is Blue Burst? I need help? XD
QUOTEPSOBB Setup Full Install with JP Patch
The US installation for PSO Blue Burst can no longer be downloaded from PSOBB.com. Instead you may download the PSOBB Setup here for our servers. This is Djorama setup. If you need any assistance, please visit our forums. A game manual is also available from the official international PSOBB website. You will not need to download or install any of the following unless you are using a fresh US PSOBB installer which is not included here. Installation instructions for the US PSOBB can be found on this page.
You can click the title there on the download page to grab it. Or... click here. Either way should work.
tongue.gif

fateastray

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I downloaded it. (Even played before) I can't type anything. When I played before, I was suggested to change my keyboard layout, so I did, and I could play. Now it says to change the EXE properties. I did that too, still can't type. I don't want to keep changing my keyboard layout, because at some point, on my old machine, it went berserk and I couldn't change it back blahh...

So I'm giving up. =P

Nuke85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use to play this with a good friend..I'll give it a shot again, truly a fun game though. Worth to pick up and play.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spikey said:
Raiyu245 said:
I'm not exactly sure which one to download. What exactly is Blue Burst? I need help? XD
QUOTEPSOBB Setup Full Install with JP Patch
The US installation for PSO Blue Burst can no longer be downloaded from PSOBB.com. Instead you may download the PSOBB Setup here for our servers. This is Djorama setup. If you need any assistance, please visit our forums. A game manual is also available from the official international PSOBB website. You will not need to download or install any of the following unless you are using a fresh US PSOBB installer which is not included here. Installation instructions for the US PSOBB can be found on this page.
You can click the title there on the download page to grab it. Or... click here. Either way should work.
tongue.gif
I figured it out on my own but thanks anyways! I didn't play much though.

Pizzaroo

douchebag
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
woo! I managed to finally wriggle through clicking the right Blue Burst.exe file. XD. I still have no idea how to use my Dreamcast rom though D:

Spikey

Your Special Someone
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fateastray said:
I downloaded it. (Even played before) I can't type anything. When I played before, I was suggested to change my keyboard layout, so I did, and I could play. Now it says to change the EXE properties. I did that too, still can't type. I don't want to keep changing my keyboard layout, because at some point, on my old machine, it went berserk and I couldn't change it back blahh...

So I'm giving up. =P
If by type you mean chat with others, pressing space bar brings that menu up. Refer to this for help.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On GBAtemp's IRC server, I set up the channel #PhantasyStarOnline so that we can ease matchmaking. Join us there sometime!

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Ok, thanks, I've read up some now.
Saw this: "Multiple version server - Our server allows multiple consoles to connect to the same server as PC users. You can chat in the lobbies together, however, you cannot play together."
I guess it was too good to be true :/
tongue.gif

I guess i'll try this some day,

What's the differance of the PC versions? as i've understood it, it's like this:
PC Phantasy Star Online Ver. 2 - Earlier version lower system requirements & offline saving.
PC Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst - Newer version, higher system requirements & online saving?

Is there anything else to it?..

Oreoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noONE said:
Ok, thanks, I've read up some now.
Saw this: "Multiple version server - Our server allows multiple consoles to connect to the same server as PC users. You can chat in the lobbies together, however, you cannot play together."
I guess it was too good to be true :/
tongue.gif

I guess i'll try this some day,

What's the differance of the PC versions? as i've understood it, it's like this:
PC Phantasy Star Online Ver. 2 - Earlier version lower system requirements & offline saving.
PC Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst - Newer version, higher system requirements & online saving?

I don't have a good computer and i can play Blue burst just fine, never tried Ver. 2 so not really sure on that part.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
main difference i think with the PC and BB versions is the friendlist. in BB it doesnt work properly iirc.

anyway got 2 characters so far
lvl9 Racaseal - R2D3
lvl6(i think!?? i cant remember) Hunewearl - Nougat

i saw 1 person with the gbatemp logo next to their name, but seemed to be afk. hope to see you guys on =)

Oreoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mishra said:
main difference i think with the PC and BB versions is the friendlist. in BB it doesnt work properly iirc.

anyway got 2 characters so far
lvl9 Racaseal - R2D3
lvl6(i think!?? i cant remember) Hunewearl - Nougat

i saw 1 person with the gbatemp logo next to their name, but seemed to be afk. hope to see you guys on =)

I have a level 25 char - Tasakun
and a level 3 char i just started named Elusion

Spikey

Your Special Someone
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mishra said:
Yeah, I created a team for GBAtemp members. So far it's just me, Orc, and Osaka in it. And you can identify people on our team by the GBAtemp mascot.
QUOTE(noONE @ Jan 13 2009, 02:34 PM) What's the differance of the PC versions? as i've understood it, it's like this:

The PC Ver 2 is lower resolution, and includes only Episode 1, I think. It can play together with the Dreamcast version, and I think also the Gamecube version, but not sure about that.

Blue Burst can only play with Blue Burst though. Also, your characters between the two are separate. And Blue Burst has episodes 1, 2 & 4. (Episode 3 is the card battle one on Gamecube)

I have both versions installed on my PC, but obviously prefer Blue Burst.

For those with interest in running Ver 2, go here. But be warned, there's a lot more effort to go into that version to get it working properly. Only do it if your PC can't run Blue Burst, cause otherwise it may not be worth the effort.

There are some other differences between the two as well, like difficulty of the game(most would say Blue Burst is easier), but I'll leave it at that for now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone