ROM Hack Phantasy Star 0 Anti-Piracy online

Hero_Of_Fate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know a guy who has an Acekard. Says he can connect to retail carts and Cyclo Users just fine without a patch. I don't know what firmware he's using, though.

mixinluv2u

Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
My friend with acekard+akaio and we had problem getting it to work at first. (i have Cyclo).

When he used Bahamut release, we could not see each other online.
I linked him to the patch above, he patched it, still cannot see each other online.

Switched to XPA release, patched, all works well now.

we did not test XPA without patch.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
clegion said:
twiztidsinz said:
elixirdream said:
conclusion, its just some people is just too ...... to get it work
Must be nice to be on the cheat code crew...
Lets you be an absolute douche to people on a daily basis without getting in trouble.
then again, he is not wrong either
Actually... yeah, he's wrong.
The topic that was being discussed was cards that are online compatible with retail cards without being patched, that being CycloDS and apparently AceKard with AKIKO1.5 firmware.
There is no amount of effort a person can put forth to play an unpatched ROM on an R4/EZV with retail cards since it's a piracy check that attempts to isolate flashcard users from legit users.

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
clegion said:
twiztidsinz said:
elixirdream said:
conclusion, its just some people is just too ...... to get it work
Must be nice to be on the cheat code crew...
Lets you be an absolute douche to people on a daily basis without getting in trouble.
then again, he is not wrong either
Actually... yeah, he's wrong.
The topic that was being discussed was cards that are online compatible with retail cards without being patched, that being CycloDS and apparently AceKard with AKIKO1.5 firmware.
There is no amount of effort a person can put forth to play an unpatched ROM on an R4/EZV with retail cards since it's a piracy check that attempts to isolate flashcard users from legit users.
what he is saying is basically, that some people is just too..... to apply the patch, as it work, and he said this, he has been playing with R4/EZV, not that he said that it can play it without the patch, and he did said in another thread he is connecting to other people using legit card just fine.....

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
clegion said:
what he is saying is basically, that some people is just too..... to apply the patch, as it work, and he said this, he has been playing with R4/EZV, not that he said that it can play it without the patch, and he did said in another thread he is connecting to other people using legit card just fine.....
That's great.... except for the fact he was responding to to someone who specifically mentioned 'without patch'.

toguro_max

Trophies
Website
toguro_max.sites.uol.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Hmm, i don't know if someone had already brought this up, but I beleive that the patch messes up with the item drop rate system and rare enemies appearing rate.
I patched the game this dawn and played online and offline (alone, since yet I couldn't find anyone) and there were a lot of drops that "should" not happen normally.
You see, at on "arena" (screen fort the matter), after defeating the hostiles, I managed to find 2 mags (one of'em was at level 23!) and 3 red drops, being one a material, and the other two rare weapons.
I'll not use the patch anymore, since I believe it breaks the game's natural flow...

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Viteh said:
what intro issue are you ppl talking about?

EDIT: nevermind...just saw it

rofl.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
toguro_max said:
Hmm, i don't know if someone had already brought this up, but I beleive that the patch messes up with the item drop rate system and rare enemies appearing rate.
I patched the game this dawn and played online and offline (alone, since yet I couldn't find anyone) and there were a lot of drops that "should" not happen normally.
You see, at on "arena" (screen fort the matter), after defeating the hostiles, I managed to find 2 mags (one of'em was at level 23!) and 3 red drops, being one a material, and the other two rare weapons.
I'll not use the patch anymore, since I believe it breaks the game's natural flow...
Doubtful.
I found a Lv25 pure Mind Mag when I was Lv15 in a story quest.
Since then, I've found about 30+ materials, including 4 or 5 from my latest arena.

I actually took a peek at what the XPA patch actually modifies.
The only two files that are touched is the arm9.bin and header.bin.
arm9.bin changes from 742KB to 1,127KB, which I believe is because of XPA's intro logo. The two files are almost completely different as well, I think they swapped out the arm9 for a different one.
header.bin stays the same size but has a few changes made, which I think is the stuff that needed to be fixed. I haven't tested it myself yet.

toguro_max

Trophies
Website
toguro_max.sites.uol.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
But when i play without the patch, I find lots of monomates and monofluids... When i play with the patch, i find lots of weapons, materials and armors, and really few monomates/fluids...
Well, maybe i'm just being paranoid here, but i remember that back on PSO DC days, any change you make to the game it would affect the drop rate in some way...
Well, again, maybe it's just me, thanks for clarifing what the patch does, tough.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry ahead of time for the double post...
toguro_max said:
But when i play without the patch, I find lots of monomates and monofluids... When i play with the patch, i find lots of weapons, materials and armors, and really few monomates/fluids...
Well, maybe i'm just being paranoid here, but i remember that back on PSO DC days, any change you make to the game it would affect the drop rate in some way...
Well, again, maybe it's just me, thanks for clarifing what the patch does, tough.
WOW! I just tried out the patched version myself...
I no longer believe you were mistaken. I did less than half a run and I was finding more than a few weapons. I even found two spells, to put this into perspective I've found FOUR spells in the time it took me to get two characters to 37 and 28.

Now this got me thinking...
Is the 'lower' drop rate of the unpatched game part of or a side effect of AntiPiracy protection?
Given how scarce the non-consumable item drop rate has been, I'm inclined to say 'yes'.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina
    ... [looks up vagina] 🤓 🔎 📖 ] :O:ohnoes::ohnoes::ohnoes: 🤢🤮
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good thing I have a vagina
    +1
  • Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu:
    Evil SylverReZ: "GuldRez"
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: Evil SylverReZ: "GuldRez"