pFBNEO 5.0

bbqtool

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
From what I can tell, some specific games have their bios controls (volume, dip switch) bound to the joystick and player buttons. Mortal Kombat II, Street Fighter Alpha 1, 2 and 3 all do this. (Player 2 doesn't have this issue) I don't think it's all of CPS2 because Mars Matrix plays great without issues.

Similarly, games like Outrun and Chase HQ are analogue only, so can't use the d-pad even when bound to it, even in the .cfg file.

Last edited by bbqtool,

laz305

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In coleco games load but then I get stuck at screen asking me to select controller 1 or 2. I press everything and does nothing. Game like bump n jump

laz305

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get KP using this and I think it is because this does not close only suspends when you open another game or app. Can anyone let the creator know? Why does it only suspend and not close out automatically?

Geesehoward79

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I get KP using this and I think it is because this does not close only suspends when you open another game or app. Can anyone let the creator know? Why does it only suspend and not close out automatically?

PS4 xplorer do it too...i think that this apps use a little memory amount and ps4 decide to suspend instead close.

laz305

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS4 xplorer do it too...i think that this apps use a little memory amount and ps4 decide to suspend instead close.
So is that common knowledge to just close these apps manually that suspend? Does it cause a KP to everyone if they have 2 apps open at the same time and then try to close them?

stjoey164

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is a great release. There's only two issues at the moment.
The first is to do with volume. Holding down the Circle button lowers the volume.
Holding down the X key will raise it again.

The other is that there's no way to map buttons to the Options Key, L3 or R3 at the minute.
Once those are sorted this will be a damn near perfect emulator.

As mentioned in this thread, you should be using the 2020_01_06_fbn romset from archive.org.
This is the latest - 1.0.0.3 - as of now.

Place the roms in the pfba/roms directory.

There is a config.cfg file in the root pfba directory.
This is where you can define your rom paths.
I recommend you keep them like this.

pfba-config-rompath.png

If you also want artwork (strongly recommended), you need to create a "media" folder for each subdirectory.
This is where you would place the "mixrbv2" folder for each respective romset.
For example

pfba-dir-structure.png

If and when video previews are supported, you would places the "videos" folder in the media folder too.

The links to the rom artwork and videos can be found on the readme.md file on the github repo.

Geesehoward79

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is a great release. There's only two issues at the moment.
The first is to do with volume. Holding down the Circle button lowers the volume.
Holding down the X key will raise it again.

The other is that there's no way to map buttons to the Options Key, L3 or R3 at the minute.
Once those are sorted this will be a damn near perfect emulator.

As mentioned in this thread, you should be using the 2020_01_06_fbn romset from archive.org.
This is the latest - 1.0.0.3 - as of now.

Place the roms in the pfba/roms directory.

There is a config.cfg file in the root pfba directory.
This is where you can define your rom paths.
I recommend you keep them like this.

View attachment 294649

If you also want artwork (strongly recommended), you need to create a "media" folder for each subdirectory.
This is where you would place the "mixrbv2" folder for each respective romset.
For example

View attachment 294650

If and when video previews are supported, you would places the "videos" folder in the media folder too.

The links to the rom artwork and videos can be found on the readme.md file on the github repo.

Good compilation of all above information...however rom paths can be configured at your personal taste without any problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get way too self conscious about ingredients
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Grilled peanut butter sandwiches with banana, bacon, and marshmallow cream. YUM!!!!
    one of my favorites
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Okay elvis
    fuck elvis. lol :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My type c cable is starting to die guess I better order one from my desk
    sounds like something Ween would play
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    And here I thought I was the only one that buy cables in bulk
    Nope. Theres two of you! Haha
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They're so cheap now why not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I like the L angle connectors which add more force to it I guess which defeats the point
    i only buy new ones when theres a new standard and I have gear that uses it. Otherwise my cables seem to last forever.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Ween made a song about waving dicks in the wind.
    +1
    L angle cables are amazing when needed.
    @SylverReZ Yup. Been a longtime fan of Ween. Not a mega-fan by any means but I'm pretty familiar with most of their tunes.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You like the wee
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I like electronics that use detachable cables, that way if the cable breaks you can just swap in a new one instead of replacing the whole unit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Ween-er :creep:
    they make brown music. lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Brown note
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    for keyboards, headphones or controllers ,it's a must have
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why mice won't get with detachable type c
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    most battery operated mice don't even work anymore if the internal battery dies
    the L hdmi cables work great on my tv and receiver. so much less stress on the ports using them than regular cables. in that instance anyway.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: the L hdmi cables work great on my tv and receiver. so much less stress on the ports using them...