Homebrew RELEASE pFBA: final burn alpha

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Silly flip grippers, Lynx mode is the only way to play vertical handheld. :P

Actually what you call "Tate mode on" would also be useful for people propping the Switch vertically in other ways, like a tablet holder.

You could just have the joycons change directions along with the rotation if and only if they are attached to the switch. If homebrew knows how to detect that, that is. Then in theory you could have someone play over your shoulder at the same time with a wireless controller, in case you wanted to pretend you had a Sega Nomad.

Last edited by Rahkeesh,

Techjunky90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not going to lie, after using psnes I had high hopes for pfba, not to disrespect the developer, but this emulator is complete trash. I have wasted over an hour trying to help someone on DU get their roms working, nope, not happening, even though all of their roms work in retroarch. Does not matter what the file names are, file location etc. Not to mention this emulator should not require specific file names, it should be like every other emulator ever made & boot any and all supported rom formats regardless of file name.

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
Not going to lie, after using psnes I had high hopes for pfba, not to disrespect the developer, but this emulator is complete trash. I have wasted over an hour trying to help someone on DU get their roms working, nope, not happening, even though all of their roms work in retroarch. Does not matter what the file names are, file location etc. Not to mention this emulator should not require specific file names, it should be like every other emulator ever made & boot any and all supported rom formats regardless of file name.

It uses the same roms as latest Finalburn Alpha for Windows. Why are you trying to make some existing roms work instead of just downloading a set for the latest fba which will work with pfba?

Connorsdad

Trophies
XP
Country

The best way to ask for help right there.

Reactions: hippy dave

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
The best way to ask for help right there.
It uses the same roms as latest Finalburn Alpha for Windows. Why are you trying to make some existing roms work instead of just downloading a set for the latest fba which will work with pfba?

Also make sure none of your folders has the archive bit set, don’t use exfat yadiyada

DrNeroCF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Knights of the Round" cps1 game wont load, it says "driver init failed" anyone else have this problem?

Isn't that one of the ones that needs qsound in the rom folder? Pretty sure you can do a general google for that one not working and the needed files will pop up.

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i saw that killer instinct is supported but i cant get it to run. i have the kinst.zip in roms folder. where do i put the kinst.chd file?

I put it in the kinst.zip file, in the same folder and the sub folder kinst. Nothing is working.
i noticed in retroarch support chds on cps3

Winklepicker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would love to see an option to change skins or edit the GUI different colours, fonts, paths, different logo's etc.

its wonderful that "Cpasjuste" made this emulator for us, but it feels abit locked down at the moment. There is a "skin" folder in the "pfba" directory, but we cant change anything in it.

Any extra customisation would be great :)

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I would love to see an option to change skins or edit the GUI different colours, fonts, paths, different logo's etc.

its wonderful that "Cpasjuste" made this emulator for us, but it feels abit locked down at the moment. There is a "skin" folder in the "pfba" directory, but we cant change anything in it.

Any extra customisation would be great :)
It's in the work.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Quick question, is it possible to configure Neo Geo games to run in AES (console) mode? Cheers.
Use unibios (i think it's the default one) and press start+select.

Winklepicker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's in the work.

Great news! thank you cpasjuste. I am looking forward to use new skins customisation for the emulator.

I have been using the Megadrive games lot, I noticed a bug I think.

Many games look perfect, "Streets of Rage 1,2, 3 etc, shinboi, shadow dancer, gunstar heroes, all looks perfect. Sharp image and pixels appear fine in handheld mode on switch.

However some games appear abit distorted (pixels dont appear quite right) I tried some random games and I noticed some like Sunset Riders, Growl, Castlevania, Captian America, fatal fury and Turtles etc. These are just some random games I tried, but there could be alot of others that have this problem.

Could this be something to do with the resolution? or the drivers for these games use for the emulator? I tried tested by changing the screen from 4.3 to "stretch" and "fit" etc to see if it made a difference, but they still appear abit distorted.

If anyone else has a try have a look and you will see the difference in image.

fluggy2013

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't get this to work. Installing/reinstalling/changing rom names/moving folders over and over and over. All the roms are listed but in RED and "status:missing". Cant get even "1" to show in green. Been following every tutorial word for word over last week. Still nothing. Anyone know a FIX? They all work fine in Retroarch but the problem with that is you cant tell what all the roms are due to their names. Tearing my hair out!!!

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get this to work. Installing/reinstalling/changing rom names/moving folders over and over and over. All the roms are listed but in RED and "status:missing". Cant get even "1" to show in green. Been following every tutorial word for word over last week. Still nothing. Anyone know a FIX? They all work fine in Retroarch but the problem with that is you cant tell what all the roms are due to their names. Tearing my hair out!!!
read from 1st page through out will help u

geek_76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. Not to be a pest, just checking to see if a “FlipGrip” mode is still being worked on? Would love this feature to be added.

Thanks in advance!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nude checkers get jumped