Homebrew RELEASE pFBA: final burn alpha

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,
I try to install the Emulator in my switch. But it make huge problems. I downloaded the newest Version and i able to play Sega Games. But neogeo Games Not working. I think i havent a bios but dont know in which folder i must copy the bios and the Roms.

Is there anyone who can help me. My main problem is the bios and further the rom set. Which romset i Need?

Please give me Support.

Sorry for my bad Englisch but my first language is German. Thanks at all...

Neogeo games and the neogeo bios zip goes into a folder simply called "roms". And you need romset "0.2.97.43"

Reactions: LuigiXL

denis978

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello Purple,

I am in Office at the Moment. I will try it later, when i am at home.

Can i place the bios in Version 3.3 from unibios website and rename it to neogeo.zip in the rom folder? Or waht is the correct name that i need?
The Roms must i took in the same folder?

do i need a spezial Version of the romset for the Switch console? Or can i download anything, maybe for a other emulator?

Thanks for your help...

Last edited by denis978,

onofrix

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi !

Finally, updated pFBA to use OpenGL : https://github.com/Cpasjuste/pfba/releases
  • use OpenGL for rendering, which allow some nicer ui effects, and of course, more power (thanks armada, fincs, subv... for theire work on mesa/nouveau)
  • point filtering can now be used in any rendering size
  • add a few libretro shaders (retro-v2, scanlines, pixellate, crt easymode, crt geom, sharp bilinear, sharp bilinear scanlines, sabr v3, xbrz, supereagle). Note that some shader will work better in integer scaling (2x, 3x), and some will have a better effect with linear filtering (sharp bilinear). Also, some are very intensive (crt geom, sabr, xbrz) and may not work fullspeed in some emulators (pSNES).
  • add fps counter option
thanks for the update. It works fine and all the filters are cool!

But where is the single joycon option? have you deleted it by mistake? or what is the reason?

edit: forget it. Im so stupid. XDDD the option is there as always!

Last edited by onofrix,

denis978

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I solved my problem. i had the wrong romset. With romset 0.2.97.43 (search on Youtube) it will run, when the Bios and the Roms are in the "Roms Folder"
thank you so mutch @ Purple, you made my day! And the the other person well what should I say, i dont know. Except insolence maybe...

Bye

Last edited by denis978,
Reactions: Purple_Shyguy

zenjiki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks again for the awesome emulator! I don't know if it's known but for at least CPS1, CPS2, CPS3, between 5-10mins the sound starts acting up.... It's slower, garbled, mess. I'll try other system too when I get a chance. Will try and see if it happens on your pSNES also, but have played pSNES about 30mins burst multiple times with no issues. Will report findings of other instances when I can.

TheGreaKhali

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry in advance if this question has been asked before. Does this emulator support 4 players with JoyCon each, if so how easy is it to set up.

denis978

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Omg you are the biggest nerd a have ever seen in www. Go outside and look 4 a girl or a new hobby.

My Problem is solved, I hat the wrong rompack. The Diskussion is over and out.

Dont write 1000 words of bshit like a Maschine gun. Dont make a etical Diskusion because anybody make a question. Look forward and enjoy your Life.
Best regards
Siktimini g..

Last edited by denis978,
Reactions: sj33

babyjoe00069

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok let me ask i know sometimes with an update to the emulator the romset changes, did the romset change for 2.0 or is it still 0.2.97.43, cause I have it all set up previews and all, just a small question.

Gamer4Ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
great emu, games work as intended!

for the filter crt geom, there is issue with some games i.e rastan, half of the right screen the color is green

other than that great job, keep it up! :D

TheGreaKhali

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a few issues if anyone can help me

My genesis games don't come up on game selection. What format are genesis games supposed to be in. Mine are .bin format. And I put the .bin into a zip.

I have unibios and put that in neogeo.zip as the only file there is that the correct way to do it. I tried king of fighters 98 and it runs however the graphics are garbled.

Reactions: denis978
A

a9lh-1user

You have to use the right ROM set and then it will work (Hint: The *.zip files have special names otherwise they wont work)
You can find all needed informations in this thread!

Reactions: LuigiXL

clout

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
why the hell do i have to rename all my roms to work ... I dont get this concept ... this emulator is absolutely useless .. All I wanna do is select a genesis rom and play the game

TheGreaKhali

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I understand previews folder is for screenshots. What about the titles folder. I have a full set of title images but not sure if I should bother to move them over as I can only see room on the menu for previews and nothing for titles.

TheGreaKhali

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Still having issues for NeoGeo games just have graphical issues and I can't see most of the effects. I have downloaded a final burn alpha Romset yet I'm still having issues

clout

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
clout said, friend, I have all the pfba roms, neo-geo, megadrive, msx, all, and this emulator is very good ,,, maybe you do not know how to use it ,,, learn as everyone.
@cpasjuste very good amigo pfba
As I understood it, you have to rename the roms so that they have the same name as in the pfba list. This is such an awkward effort that the emulator is useless for me.
Not to mention that you can't play hacks and translations at all, for example

Last edited by clout,

Lineacero

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Friend @clout, I do not change any name and I have more than 10,000 roms without editing name, learn and make mistakes to be able to learn.

If I give you a fish, you will eat a day, if I give you a rod, you will catch it every day

Last edited by Lineacero,

clout

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Friend @clout, I do not change any name and I have more than 10,000 roms without editing name, learn and make mistakes to be able to learn.

If I give you a fish, you will eat a day, if I give you a rod, you will catch it every day
That has nothing to do with cpasjuste . The work he does is great. PSNES is excellent because it is not dependent on this idiotic database. I've been using emulators since 1999 but I've never used anything as awkward as this before.

EDIT: Even if you rename it the roms dont show up ... I give it up

Last edited by clout,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool