Homebrew RELEASE pFBA: final burn alpha

Bisk8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is there a reason why the database for the MegaDrive games often only includes the European variants of games? I think using NTSC versions might solve the issue of sound being too fast in some games (for example, Power Rangers The Movie).

I think the emulator is playing all the games at 60fps and the European ones should bde playing at 50, if I'm not wrong, because it looks to me that's the entire game that is running too fast and not just the audio.
You can still play the US version of most games

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I think the emulator is playing all the games at 60fps and the European ones should bde playing at 50, if I'm not wrong, because it looks to me that's the entire game that is running too fast and not just the audio.
I’m pretty sure that’s exactly what is happening. But for some reason, the database seems to often only support European revisions.

Bisk8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I’m pretty sure that’s exactly what is happening. But for some reason, the database seems to often only support European revisions.

Don't know which games it supports only the euro revisions, but in some cases like streets of rage3 that the euro game plays too fast, but the US version plays fine

wizra

Trophies
XP
Country
I have tried so many version of Wonder Boy and Alex Kidd in Miracle World... .7z .ZIP .SMS I've tried renaming the files. I've tried every region and every version of the roms, I've tried putting them in /switch/pfba/roms/ I've tried /switch/pfba/sms/

NOTHING IS WORKING, I've powered off console & removed/reinserted microSD card like 10 times now. I can't get this to work, FML.

hellionz

Trophies
XP
Country
I have tried so many version of Wonder Boy and Alex Kidd in Miracle World... .7z .ZIP .SMS I've tried renaming the files. I've tried every region and every version of the roms, I've tried putting them in /switch/pfba/roms/ I've tried /switch/pfba/sms/

NOTHING IS WORKING, I've powered off console & removed/reinserted microSD card like 10 times now. I can't get this to work, FML.

are u using SMS FBA roms? not all SMS roms works with pfba....only FBA romsets

Greetings

horokeusama

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
are u using SMS FBA roms? not all SMS roms works with pfba....only FBA romsets

Greetings

Also you easily get a fullset of FBA roms on archive.org (which itself isn't a warez link since it serves as a repository for a myriad of things). They're already separated in the correct folders, so you just need to copy the games to your SD card.

Reactions: Nickbo

wizra

Trophies
XP
Country
They're already separated in the correct folders, so you just need to copy the games to your SD card.
yeh I think found it somewhere else. Can you please advise me on location for SMS ROMs on sd? Is it switch/pfba/roms/ Or /switch/pfba/sms/ ?

wizra

Trophies
XP
Country
/switch/pfba/sms

I'm putting them there, it's not working. Like I said, I've tried .7z .ZIP .SMS, from multiple websites. I change the list show it shows "working" only, and it's always empty. I'm so sick of turning off/on console and inserting/removing microSD card. ABOUT 20 TIMES NOW FFS. I have never faced this much trouble with an emulator & rom in my entire gaming life. Why is this so bloody difficult?!?!?!?!

Reactions: clout

horokeusama

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm putting them there, it's not working. Like I said, I've tried .7z .ZIP .SMS, from multiple websites. I change the list show it shows "working" only, and it's always empty. I'm so sick of turning off/on console and inserting/removing microSD card. ABOUT 20 TIMES NOW FFS. I have never faced this much trouble with an emulator & rom in my entire gaming life. Why is this so bloody difficult?!?!?!?!

All roms should follow the FBA naming convention and be on the zip file format.

Reactions: wizra

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm pretty sure fba has always corrected for the pal/ntsc difference.

Bisk8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Fba on pc does that. But I think pfba on the switch is running all games at 60fps.
If I'm not mistaken the vita version has a fps display and you can see allgames running at 60fps

SoCALCat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was also going crazy on trying to get pFBA on my Switch to work. After trying 4 different FBA sets I finally found the one that worked for me.

Google Search for FBA v0.2.97.43 Full Set. Once you find it and download it. Do the same steps you been doing on installing your roms, once completed 20180712_162854.jpg open pFBA then watch the magic begin...
Hope that helps you out on getting pFBA to work on your Switch...

PS
I'm currently using pFBA v1.57

wizra

Trophies
XP
Country
Google Search for FBA v0.2.97.43 Full Set. Once you find it and download it. Do the same steps you been doing on installing your roms, once completed open pFBA then watch the magic begin...
Hope that helps you out on getting pFBA to work on your Switch...

Thanks for that. Finally got it to work and it’s AWESOME. I don’t get why it has to be so specific... rom is rom mate. Really enjoyed using this today, appreciate the help and work of OP.

SoCALCat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for that. Finally got it to work and it’s AWESOME. I don’t get why it has to be so specific... rom is rom mate. Really enjoyed using this today, appreciate the help and work of OP.
Cool! I'm glad you go it running.:yayswitch:

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It doesn’t seem to be doing this.

It’s quite easy to test - just fire up Power Rangers: The Movie and compare it with Genesis Plus GX. The music is clearly running too fast yet the emulator seems to only accept the European version.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

It’s quite easy to test - just fire up Power Rangers: The Movie and compare it with Genesis Plus GX. The music is clearly running too fast yet the emulator seems to only accept the European version.
That's why I said fba not pfba, I meant it should have been in the original code already.

Bisk8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Tested it now and the emulator plays the US version of that game and it plays pretty well

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: For real for real