OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Recently I have seen a lot of threads where the thread is one of the following:

"Hey, I've got boot2v4 but I wanna downgrade because it feels safer even though everything is better on the upgraded menu and I'll kill my Wii if I do it. Please???"

"Hi, I decided to use a really old guide an install a theme on my Wii. I botched the preloader install so I decided to screw with my Wii even more. I didn't ask anyone for help until wayyyy later. Now I want to downgrade my Wii and install the wrong theme on it."

"Hey, I decided to steal games illegally and I killed my Wii doing so because I was too lazy to install brick protection."

"I'm about to uninstall cIOS60BF, so yeah I'm going into wad manager and using the uninstall feature
smile.gif
."

"I decided to uninstall cIOScorp, its gonna take a while to uninstall every wad pressing B in wad manager."

"I decided to make my own WAD and don't have bootmii or preloader autoboot to Homebrew installed. Wish me luck *Banner brick*."

Seriously guys, there's a reason its called a bricked Wii:
http://www.petbrick.com/

If this escapes you, you shouldn't be hacking your Wii in the first place. Seriously people, bootmii or preloader is a necessity if you are going to be making any IOS changes, using any backup launchers, and you'd better know how to uninstall them (install a different version of the IOS over it).

Also, ask someone if its your first time hacking, make sure you have it right. Don't grab a guide from Wii System Menu 3.2 and decide to install a theme for that on a 4.0 Wii.

Make sure before using backups that update is patched through preloader, Starfall, Startpatch, or Gecko OS. Or use WiiBrickBlocker or Wiu 1.0. Seriously.

Ask someone who knows first make sure what your doing is rational.

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omgwtfbbq!!1

I love you. =)

I will be linking this thread a lot in the future.

P.S. 300th post.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd rather 100 people ask for help with something that seems obvious and get it right than 100 people not ask until they've full bricked their Wiis.

illinialex24

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Exactly, at some point the questions are kinda dumb (like, do I have to cut and paste, can't I just drag the folder in, lmao at earlier today), but most of the time its much better to ask then to risk it.

HellFireXS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That was great, I asked many noobish questions when I was first modding my Wii and got great help from here, I have done lots to my Wii and haven't had a problem yet (but I do have brick protection just in case).

Also I love the PetBrick website.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM