Persona 4 Royal is actually PS3 port?

Bánh Mì

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My friend planned on do a localise this game and found this, what your thought?
2340ED3B-91C8-4277-BE5E-95B9471CC2DC.jpg

Reactions: Pisti404

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
They prolly were too lazy to change filepaths for assets, so every other version still has folders named like this

sath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My thoughts? Everybody already knew this.

The original Persona 5 game was developed for the PS3 and took almost a decade to make. While it was still in development the PS4 released so the game got ported to that system as well with a few improvements such as better textures. Then they made Persona 5 Royal based off of the PS4 version of the game. The community has wished for a release on other platforms and so Persona 5 Royal got ported to other systems.

Here's a fact that will blow your simple mind away: P5R is a port of a port.

Reactions: RinkuSonic41

Bánh Mì

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I assume you mean Persona 5 if you're talking about Royal, which did in fact start as a PS3 game yeah.
yeah my bad, yes i mean P5R.
Post automatically merged:

My thoughts? Everybody already knew this.

The original Persona 5 game was developed for the PS3 and took almost a decade to make. While it was still in development the PS4 released so the game got ported to that system as well with a few improvements such as better textures. Then they made Persona 5 Royal based off of the PS4 version of the game. The community has wished for a release on other platforms and so Persona 5 Royal got ported to other systems.

Here's a fact that will blow your simple mind away: P5R is a port of a port.
ah, okay now i got it.

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok just checked one of those nsp release sites and P5R is dumped yesterday! There's also a 60fps patch available on that site.
1665951159509.png

Also looked on reddit and seems like someone already got the retail steelbook version last week.
Iirc ps4 version is more than 30GB, so I'll keep my expectation low on graphics.. currently downloading the game to my switch from my NAS, can't wait to start another playthrough

Reactions: Hayato213

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1