Permanent TN-D

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by TehSkull, Mar 9, 2011.

1. TehSkull
    OP

TehSkull Living the life

Nov 29, 2009
    United States
    Louisiana
    http://virtuousflame.blog.163.com/blog/sta...20112935638131/

This was on Liquidzigong's Twitter this morning. He doesn't recommend trying this patch unless you have a pandora battery(if Google is translating it properly...) and a PSP 1000.

Off-topic: I didn't know TN-D was even out yet. [​IMG]

Google Translated:

This tool is made to verify kgsws made vshmain camouflage law.

kgsws proposed a method, through camouflaged vshmain, and to start automatically enabled HEN.

I provide the basis of his methods and the source code that implements a tool that allows to run automatically after booting the machine 6.20 HEN. Already successful in the PSP-1000. This patch more dangerous, not the machine be used with caution Pandora.

Borrowing TN-D to demonstrate, I hope Total_Noobs understand.

Source code is provided.

Program will replace the flash0: / vsh / module / vshmain.prx for their own version.
    The original vshmain will be copied to flash0: / vsh / module / vshorig.prx.

If the machine can not start because the vsh plug-in, boot by pressing R button will delete all the seplugins plug-ins list and flash1: / config.tn.
    If the flash0: / vsh / module / vshorig.prx lost or damaged, boot according to O + X + SELECT + START button to copy ms0: / vshorig.prx to flash0: / vsh / module / vshorig.prx

????? Installation:

1. Into the TN-D, close flash0 protection. Into 6.20TN-D Permanent Patch
    2. Began to press the X button to start the installation, the program will back up the original vshmain.prx to ms0: / vshmain.prx, keep it good
    3. If there is no issue under the program will ask you to test the generated camouflage vshmain, press the X button is strongly recommended to test the next
    4. If you start the test, the program will exit, if no crash is like, and also TN-D, the note can be installed
    5. To re-enter 6.20TN-D Permanenet Patch, this election does not test the installation
    6. After installation, boot your PSP will automatically enter the TN-D

Uninstall:
    Run 6.20TN-D Permanenet Patch by prompts

Credit:
    Total_Noobs's for his TN-D systemctrl
    kgsws for his bright idea on vshmain faking

Changelog:
    PSP-1000 fixes the offset of non-release of the more memory

2. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    hm... is it really so much of a hassle to hold down and press X twice?

3. gigcees

gigcees GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    Netherlands
    I DONT CARE
    I thought the same, i had gen 5.50 first but now all games need 6.xx so i upgraded and found out u only had to press x twice [​IMG] even dummy,s can understand that so why make a permanent cfw that is dangerous if we can keep it safe by pressing 2 times X?

4. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Proof-Of-Concept.

5. Jolan

Jolan Unlimited Bear Works

Mar 20, 2010
    Netherlands, currently
    IIRC they did something like that for all psp models, but the 1k was the most risk-free, so we're waiting on the creators to perfect this, mostly for 88v3, 3k and Go.

6. gamecaptor

gamecaptor R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!

GBAtemp Patron
    gamecaptor is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 22, 2004
    United States
    Hyrule most of the time
  7. TehSkull
    OP

TehSkull Living the life

Nov 29, 2009
    United States
    Louisiana
    That just means someone has tested it to work with other PSPs. Which is a very good thing.

I would still be wary of it until some further testing has been done.

In video comments, from vid creator:
    "I should have gone further into the functionality of it. You can run homebrew, and ISOs of your ripped PSP games, but I can't get any of my PSone games to work. It seems additional coding will be required before being able to run PSone games with this Patch. It is a incredible accomplishment, and I look forward to it being fully functional."