Hacking Permanent Custom Firmware?

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
I would like to see arm9loaderhax used as a mean of recovery menu injection, not cfw loading. I mean, something low and slim enough in the boot process to load a software-recovery app to restore a soft-bricked nand like the old boot1 bootMii golden days on the wii. No hard mod required anymore. Everyone would be happy.

Last edited by Urbanshadow,

DinckelMan

Your Favorite Water Mage!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard that at this moment it is impossible to do because of how the 3DS reads firmware files and checks signatures.

I'm not a developer or a tester, so don't quote me on this

pokefan92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, that's obvious. It's already possible.

Perhaps you should read the last couple of pages of a thread before posting in future.

Perhaps next time you could give more accurate replies instead of looking desperately for likes in a forum. That's the only thing you thought when you posted that reply.

Reactions: dubbz82

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Perhaps next time you could give more accurate replies instead of looking desperately for likes in a forum. That's the only thing you thought when you posted that reply.
Likes? Ugh, no. I'm far too old to give a fuck about internet popularity points.

I was simply giving the dude some constructive criticism to help him avoid looking like a fucking moron in the future.

Perhaps it was you who I should have imparted my wisdom upon. But if I'd done that, then you wouldn't have posted what you did, so I wouldn't have been able to make this reply. Sigh.

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to what we know about the 3DS so far, does it seem feasible that a permanent custom firmware solution could ever be possible on the system? I'm talking something similar to the PSP and 'permanent' could mean multiple things I suppose.

Or does it look like Emunand is going to be about as good as it gets? Thoughts?
Me and my good pal tinivi already have a perm. cfw on cold boot ;)

Reactions: tivu100

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)