Gaming Permanent CFW on psp 3000

andy10598

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know what you're thinking, the psp 3000 can't be permanently hacked. But if you can't mess with the firmware on a 3000 how do you update the firmware, can't you just modify the eboot updater to install CFW instead of the regular FW.

There might be some problem with tricking the psp into beliving the it is installing OFW and actually editing the eboot but i think it's possible and then you might even make it possible to run it without using ChickHEN or any homebrew enabler.

andy10598

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hankchill said:
Believe me, if it was that easy, it would have been done already.

The custom firmware cannot be permanently written to the flash due to security checks, IPLs, etc. They haven't been cracked yet.

It may be hard but I really think it's possible. The updater probably just goes through a list where it says to delete some files and extract some. It's probably just replacing that list.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
andy10598 said:
hankchill said:
Believe me, if it was that easy, it would have been done already.

The custom firmware cannot be permanently written to the flash due to security checks, IPLs, etc. They haven't been cracked yet.

It may be hard but I really think it's possible. The updater probably just goes through a list where it says to delete some files and extract some. It's probably just replacing that list.

You don't actually understand why there can't be a permanently flashed firmware in the first place do you?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...