Permanent CFW on psp 3000

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by andy10598, Jul 22, 2009.

Jul 22, 2009

Permanent CFW on psp 3000 by andy10598 at 10:39 AM (3,761 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. andy10598
    OP

Newcomer andy10598 Member

Sweden
    I know what you're thinking, the psp 3000 can't be permanently hacked. But if you can't mess with the firmware on a 3000 how do you update the firmware, can't you just modify the eboot updater to install CFW instead of the regular FW.

There might be some problem with tricking the psp into beliving the it is installing OFW and actually editing the eboot but i think it's possible and then you might even make it possible to run it without using ChickHEN or any homebrew enabler.

2. hankchill

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    Believe me, if it was that easy, it would have been done already.

The custom firmware cannot be permanently written to the flash due to security checks, IPLs, etc. They haven't been cracked yet.

3. andy10598
    OP

Newcomer andy10598 Member

Sweden
    It may be hard but I really think it's possible. The updater probably just goes through a list where it says to delete some files and extract some. It's probably just replacing that list.

4. need4speed

Member need4speed GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I think when the PSP Go comes out I think somebody might crack the IPL. But who knows.

5. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    You don't actually understand why there can't be a permanently flashed firmware in the first place do you?