Claulito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hello
A couple of days ago I bought a Switch V1 with atmosphere, no ban. I have a question regarding gaming performance.
Is there much difference between using sysnand, and emunand/emummc?
Are there differences in game performance (frames, aliasing, load times)?? Or is it practically the same? I don't care if load times are slower in emummc, I just care if there is a difference in performance
Thank you very much

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there much difference between using sysnand, and emunand/emummc?
Have SysNAND for your legit games with no modifications done and an EmuNAND for your homebrew and "totally not illegally obtained" games. Best of all, you can always restore your EmuNAND if anything goes wrong with it.
Post automatically merged:

I also recommend that you block telemetry to Nintendo's servers using either 90DNS, Incognito or Exosphere, as Nintendo can easily perma ban your console if you play online.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
no aliasing is always defined by the game and if its docked/undocked mode same with frames.
that is all the same or better if on cfw and using one of the patches that increases quality and/or system clock speeds

Claulito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
no aliasing is always defined by the game and if its docked/undocked mode same with frames.
that is all the same or better if on cfw and using one of the patches that increases quality and/or system clock speeds
Get it
So the differences are slow load times, but marginally.
Im gonna stick with emummc

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
It all comes down to the quality of the SD card that you are using.
If you have a good quality SD card like a Samsung card, you won't notice much difference between the sysnand and the emummc.
Theoretically the sysnand should be able to push 200MB/s while the SD card caps out around 80MB/s.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1