Status
Not open for further replies.

inamo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got mine yesterday as well and it works great! I must say that the build quality is unbelievably so much better than the my 2 previously dead cyclos. Also if anybody cares I ordered 2 of them and both had the spring on the card slots

kfckfc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ordered my 2nd DSTT for £12.93 on 29-12-07 and got it this morning 09-01-08. Although it took ~2 weeks DX did keep me updated. Don't mind the wait cos of the price.

Tried it out and it works fine (identical to my first one). TF USB adaptor is crap on both cards but I use the one supplied with the MicroSD card.

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've had trouble with deal extreme lately, i put an order in at the beggining of the month and had to cancel a few days a go, as it was obvious that, with it's status stuck on proccesing, it wasn't going to arrive for christmas. Now even after numerous e-mails i cannot get a response regarding my refund.

I cannot believe i'm having to contemplate launching a PayPal complaint on them now, they have been so reliable for so long.

Anyone know how long I have, from purchase, before I must put a complaint in with PayPal ?
I don't know if they carry DSTT, but Realhotstuff.com is a GREAT site if you live stateside. They ship from NJ, and I got my 3-in-1 in 3 days from them. My Simpyl from Dealextreme wasa great deal at $32, but it took 3 WEEKS.

O! Also, I know the people at realhotstuff are at CES 08, Maybe from dealextreme too?

EN!GMA

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ah, the forum must have resolved the issue, this is what the post said:

Kyle@DX said:
Hi Everyone,

Apologies for the delay in shipping the DSTT products. As described in the product description, since DSTT with Rumble is out of stock (DSTT team cannot supply it), we are substituting the DSTT kits with the version without rumble card.

As promised the shipping date is by Jan 8, 2008. Although you can only take my words on this, 80% of orders are already shipped by this date with shipment notices sent. The remainder should have been shipped by this morning (that's Jan 8 night US time) and due to human errors the sequence of the orders got messed up -- newer orders got shipped before older ones.

In the meantime, we do have enough of the DSTT (without rumble) around so we will fix the human error issue and ship all pre-1/1 orders within 24 hours. We'll also add some free LED keychain lights to all delayed orders that are not yet packaged for shipment today.

If you have any questions at all or would like a live person to check the status of your order, or if you prefer to have the order cancelled, please always feel free to send us a ticket at http://support.dealextreme.com/.

We're working on this now to eliminate any further wait. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Kyle

I ordered mine on Jan. 3rd.... I'm still worried
frown.gif

SaltyDog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had been in communication with Dealextreme about my TTDS way back in December. I was assured that I would get the whole combo deal (just in different colors). Well, they finally shipped my TT and gave me a credit of $2 and I wont be getting my rumble pack. This is the last order I ever make with DE. That's unfortunate because I have purchased 3 R4DS from them, plus a load of other crap. Caveat emptor, if the price is too good to believe, it's because it is!

Mikhal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my 3 TTDS carts from DealExtreme today. Ordered on December 26th. The version without rumble.

woof811

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just an update about the dstt i ordered from dealextreme -

working excellent with a kingston 2gb micro memory card and firmware v1.07 !

loaded about 40 games including Contra 4 and they all work as they should , i was surprised at how fast the dstt loads a game seemed quicker than the r4ds .

the dstt micro sd is spring loaded and although it works fine it does feel weak very much like the old version of the r4ds .

conclusion for me is its an excellent bargain that works well , any probs and ill let you know .

woof811.
nds.gif
gbasp2.gif

helpme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 10-Jan-2008

WOOT!!!!
ordered on the 16th dec & shipped on the 10th jan
now i just have to wait up to 14 days for it to arrive.... well done Dealextreme

woof811

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes i have to admit ive spent a lot of money at dealextreme ( cheapest place on the net ) and although the shipping is free it can take ages for them to post it and be delivered ( longest ive waited is nearly a month ).

since dealextreme have stopped selling the r4ds ive started to buy from gameyeeeah and although gameyeeeah are a little bit more expensive the shipping is a hell of a lot faster .

woof811

arsehat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I ordered mine from DealExtreme on December 14. DE put a tracking number on the order details on January 10, but they still haven't credited the $2 or changed the details on the invoice - which still shows as "Processing". That's okay, I guess, as it was the bundle with the 2 gig Kingston rather than the bare card/rumble pack, and I know they'll get to it eventually.

DE have been stuffed up by their supplier, and screwed up themselves by processing later orders before earlier ones. Shit happens, and they're trying to deal with it. I've placed about 20 orders with DealExtreme, mostly small impulse purchases but there were a few substantial ones in there too, and I've had precisely three problems. One was an item missed from an order, and that was rectified as soon as I told them about it. One was around the time R4's started to become available again, and after a couple of internal issues at DE and a couple of emails they shipped some English ones instead of the Chinese ones I'd initially ordered because they became available sooner. Then there was this one - and for the most part, between DealExtreme's information and the info here and in their own forums, I haven't felt much need to contact them other than to lodge a ticket saying that I didn't care which colour I got. I felt it was more productive for everyone for me to just stand back and let them try to fix things.

So, okay, DE do screw up occasionally. In my experience, when that happens they do whatever they can to try to fix things - and that's why I'll probably continue to order from them, provided it's not something I needed yesterday. If I want something in a day or two, there are any number of other places I can go - and for flashcarts, there's even at least one shop reasonably close to me that always has at least one model in stock. But with the 2 gig Kingston, it's costing me about what the TT itself would cost me from a local supplier - I can't ignore that kind of saving, especially on something that I'm ordering more out of curiosity than out of actual need.

Darkon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, just wanted to update and say I received my DSTT yesterday from DX. They said they shipped it on 01/02/2008 so it took about a week for it to arrive.

Although, I did place the order on 12/24/2007. Oh wells. They're not known for being timely, but they are known for giving the best deals!

Dr.Norton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Curious when you people recieved your DSTT from DX, did you have to pay anything additional like customs or boarder fee's?

as for my order

Placed on: 1/4/2008
Current Status: On 1/10/2008: Processing - Contact us for updates.

Hmm.. I wonder what happens now ..

woof811

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
didnt have to pay any customs fees / import tax as dealextreme had ticked the box named gift .

and the package was named as nintendo ds accessories .

woof811.
nds.gif
gbasp2.gif

Dr.Norton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well no suprise here for me.

hi, the item 10403 is out of stock now, it will be back in stock this month early. would
you like to cancel and refund?

thanks
rain

Sincerely,

Rain

-----------

I msged them back asking for the cancel + refund.

Anyone suggest a place that is still affordable but actually ships and sells things that ARE in stock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh