Hacking Hardware "PeerPressure" (Xbox 360) softmod discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter SylverReZ
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,627
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Likes Likes 10

SylverReZ

GBAtemp's Dirty Pirate
Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2022
Messages
11,401
Solutions
5
Reaction score
33,842
Trophies
7
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
27,188
Country
United Kingdom
A new Xbox 360 softmod called "PeerPressure" is currently in beta testing, and will released on October 9th. I recommend checking out Grimdoomer's video that goes into detail as to how it works. It revolves around a ROP chain when the southbridge retrieves the security sector from the HDD.

 
Poor winchester owners, no RGH for years and now no coldboot softmod. At least they still have badavatar.

Hopefully whatever the modification that lets you replace dvd drive with hdd can be ported across to rgh & jtag consoles when it comes out.
 
  • Like
Reactions: lightwo and Nadaman
No DashLaunch plugin support fucking sucks, this whole softmod was the reason I bought a trinity to use this + ReLive to have essentially a blades console, now this?

Man, now I don't even fuckin want this softmod. I'll stick with BadAvatar 1.3.
 
No DashLaunch plugin support fucking sucks, this whole softmod was the reason I bought a trinity to use this + ReLive to have essentially a blades console, now this?

Man, now I don't even fuckin want this softmod. I'll stick with BadAvatar 1.3.
That, and it steers away those who just want the most features out of their Xbox 360. I would honestly keep with ABadAvatar if I was you, and wait until there's an update that resolves those problems, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.
 
Immediately lost my interest when he said he would disallow Xbox Live stealth plugins. Very passive-aggressively.

I don't cheat. I have to make unlicensed copies because my 360 purchases on my Microsoft account do not work properly, and my disc drive is broken. A stealth server is the only way I can play these games online. I also prefer playing them with a Dualshock 4.

I really do not like that Grim dismissed any valid use case for using a stealth service, as if he's my personal Xbox cop and it makes cheating any more difficult. A reverse engineer of all people should know how stupid this is.

I'll keep using BadUpdate 1.2 to NOT cheat. Thanks.
 
Immediately lost my interest when he said he would disallow Xbox Live stealth plugins. Very passive-aggressively.

I don't cheat. I have to make unlicensed copies because my 360 purchases on my Microsoft account do not work properly, and my disc drive is broken. A stealth server is the only way I can play these games online. I also prefer playing them with a Dualshock 4.

I really do not like that Grim dismissed any valid use case for using a stealth service, as if he's my personal Xbox cop and it makes cheating any more difficult. A reverse engineer of all people should know how stupid this is.

I'll keep using BadUpdate 1.2 to NOT cheat. Thanks.
Hopefully others will adapt from his work to allow using that against his will.
 
No DashLaunch plugin support fucking sucks, this whole softmod was the reason I bought a trinity to use this + ReLive to have essentially a blades console, now this?

Man, now I don't even fuckin want this softmod. I'll stick with BadAvatar 1.3.
Trinity is incredibly easy to RGH3. Learn to solder or find an already modded console.
 
Immediately lost my interest when he said he would disallow Xbox Live stealth plugins. Very passive-aggressively.

I don't cheat. I have to make unlicensed copies because my 360 purchases on my Microsoft account do not work properly, and my disc drive is broken. A stealth server is the only way I can play these games online. I also prefer playing them with a Dualshock 4.

I really do not like that Grim dismissed any valid use case for using a stealth service, as if he's my personal Xbox cop and it makes cheating any more difficult. A reverse engineer of all people should know how stupid this is.

I'll keep using BadUpdate 1.2 to NOT cheat. Thanks.
Same I'll probably stay on 1.3 but if it's open source it will be probably have a patch support from a fork
 
Looking forward to the release! Too bad that we won't be able to make use of SSDs (yet), but I wonder what did he mean about replacing disc drive with secondary HDD which could be SSD? Will we lose the disc drive in favor of HDD? Custom 3d-printed mounting bracket?
 
I'm not worried about online multiplayer, (never used it) though no dashlaunch plugin support is sad.

I have one (Falcon v3) out of two consoles (the other being the E model) that I can softmod if I wish. And if he releases the source, extra features like dl plugin support will be added.
 
Hopefully others will adapt from his work to allow using that against his will.
And well, that just happened. Recently, it has been brought to my attention that a leaked build of "PeerPressure" has been circulating around Xbox modding servers that re-allows DashLaunch and stealth servers (such as XBGuard). I'm not sure if I would be allowed to re-upload it here because it's originally a private build, and that it could break GBAtemp's rules, but you'll be able to find it on Discord.
 
And well, that just happened. Recently, it has been brought to my attention that a leaked build of "PeerPressure" has been circulating around Xbox modding servers that re-allows DashLaunch and stealth servers (such as XBGuard). I'm not sure if I would be allowed to re-upload it here because it's originally a private build, and that it could break GBAtemp's rules, but you'll be able to find it on Discord.

Hopefully he won't cancel it because of this.
 
Hopefully he won't cancel it because of this.
Hopefully if he does someone else uses AI to recreate it. Someone less petty than him.

It's not like he can report it to Microsoft to get it patched. All he can do besides nothing is to cope and seethe.
Post automatically merged:

And well, that just happened. Recently, it has been brought to my attention that a leaked build of "PeerPressure" has been circulating around Xbox modding servers that re-allows DashLaunch and stealth servers (such as XBGuard). I'm not sure if I would be allowed to re-upload it here because it's originally a private build, and that it could break GBAtemp's rules, but you'll be able to find it on Discord.
It probably would. Temp unfortunately tends to side with less respectable people like Grim.
 
Last edited by Dragon91Nippon,
A new Xbox 360 softmod called "PeerPressure" is currently in beta testing, and will released on October 9th. I recommend checking out Grimdoomer's video that goes into detail as to how it works. It revolves around a ROP chain when the southbridge retrieves the security sector from the HDD.



Sayonara, ABadAvatar! Hello, PeerPressure!
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Nadaman
Immediately lost my interest when he said he would disallow Xbox Live stealth plugins. Very passive-aggressively.

I don't cheat. I have to make unlicensed copies because my 360 purchases on my Microsoft account do not work properly, and my disc drive is broken. A stealth server is the only way I can play these games online. I also prefer playing them with a Dualshock 4.

I really do not like that Grim dismissed any valid use case for using a stealth service, as if he's my personal Xbox cop and it makes cheating any more difficult. A reverse engineer of all people should know how stupid this is.

I'll keep using BadUpdate 1.2 to NOT cheat. Thanks.
No DashLaunch plugin support fucking sucks, this whole softmod was the reason I bought a trinity to use this + ReLive to have essentially a blades console, now this?

Man, now I don't even fuckin want this softmod. I'll stick with BadAvatar 1.3.
Hopefully others will adapt from his work to allow using that against his will.
Personally, as someone who does like to actively engage with the some of the Xbox 360-related Discord communities, I find the discourse about no DashLaunch support to be becoming extremely nonsensical with users like this.

This guy literally went in multiple other servers just to vent his hatred for Ryan. For what its worth, after he literally got banned & clowned on by multiple other users, he did apologize about his behavior afterward.
1790960636863.jpeg
 
  • Wow
Reactions: SylverReZ
Personally, as someone who does like to actively engage with the some of the Xbox 360-related Discord communities, I find the discourse about no DashLaunch support to be becoming extremely nonsensical with users like this.

This guy literally went in multiple other servers just to vent his hatred for Ryan. For what its worth, after he literally got banned & clowned on by multiple other users, he did apologize about his behavior afterward. View attachment 593639
It's very disrespectful that this guy would start a huge drama fest over a complete nothingburger. Ryan has worked hard on making this exploit happen, and for somebody to leak it out in the wild, this shows zero respect towards the developer.

Is it possible that anyone could share the version with dashlaunch to me?
Just wait until it comes out. How patient are you? It's just a week away.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted