Hacking PDF Reader for Acekard 2i?

Gary kiila

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been reading the Gears of War Books ( which are actually quite good with the the fact the games have such small story) on my psp and been thinking it would be more convenient on my ds. Is this possible(they are pdf files)? Also on the psp there is a comicbook reader and it uses .cbc files or something like that. Will they work on the comicbookds?

spark1223

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
comicbookds uses its own format, I'm not sure what it is cause I don't use it.

I'd think there would have to be a pdf reader for ds tho.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
There is a pdf reader for the DS, but it is fairly...inconvenient. It would be better to use CBDS and since its already in a pdf format, you can just split the pdf into images in one folder (there is an option to export all pages into images somewhere I believe) and then convert the folder using CBDS's converter (PictoDS...it's a computer application).
I would say that if you would rather have them on your DS, you should just go for the converting because its a really simple and quick process (its almost painless xD).

Gary kiila

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
evilhomura89 said:
@gary
a bit off topic but which series of the GoW book are you reading?
I'm about half way through the first book, Gears of War: Aspho Fields.

BTW im super stoked that the lady that's writing the Gears books is gonna write the story for Gears 3
biggrin.gif

Gary kiila

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
There is a pdf reader for the DS, but it is fairly...inconvenient. It would be better to use CBDS and since its already in a pdf format, you can just split the pdf into images in one folder (there is an option to export all pages into images somewhere I believe) and then convert the folder using CBDS's converter (PictoDS...it's a computer application).
I would say that if you would rather have them on your DS, you should just go for the converting because its a really simple and quick process (its almost painless xD).
Thanks. I think a know a way to do this
smile.gif

25FF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Gary kiila said:
jurassicplayer said:
Thanks. I think a know a way to do this
smile.gif
Be careful through, AFAIK ComicBookDS has a page limit (~300ish). After reading pages above the limit, CBDS slows down a lot. Use the mooonshell's Image Viewer (it only reads .ipk files through, use img2ipk to convert). Convert .pdf to images using PDFill, or something else.
I tried converting ~1400 pages of PDF (already converted to images, of course) and it never lags a bit except when loading pages.

2-bias

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
why no simply convert them to txt? in the german aspho fields are no pictures, so there is no need for imageviewer or cbds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way ===>