OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Reactions: Deleted-481927
D

Deleted-481927

Yeah me too, wondering when there'll be a standalone PCSX Rearmed .cia built with the new renderer.
iirc you need the retroarch folder too, and it automatically creates a retroarch and 2048 cia if you run pcsx with the retroarch folder

NotReallySteve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying this and finding that the option for CD audio needs to be switched off to get some pbps to work (that work fine on a Pi, or the PS classic)?

What am I missing?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying this and finding that the option for CD audio needs to be switched off to get some pbps to work (that work fine on a Pi, or the PS classic)?

What am I missing?
You are missing a Pi or a PS Classic. This is neither and is likely to have some bugs. Which some are as what you can see here.

NotReallySteve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fair enough, was just wondering if there was some way around it is all, with a bit fiddling with all the audio options sorta thing.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fair enough, was just wondering if there was some way around it is all, with a bit fiddling with all the audio options sorta thing.
There may be, not entirely sure. It could be a thing outright with the 3ds console aswell. Ive seen some audio issues. But they have been more just no audio when playing.

NotReallySteve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, I get a crash dump soon as audio is switched on, pretty much. Might look into converting to CHD anyways, which might solve some of them.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I figure I should share that I've found in some cases .pbp gives better performance compared to .chd, mainly in games that have voice samples playing during gameplay. That's what I've noticed in Disney's Hercules NTSC, which stutters whenever Phil talks if you use the .chd, and runs smoothly in .pbp. My very rough theory is that it is because .pbp converts audio to a lossy format and .chd to a lossless format, so that .pbp being lossy makes it less taxing on the 3ds.

I've tested this with some other games, but I haven't really found any that plays voice samples while gameplay is going on. Like Castlevania SOTN stops whenever there's talking, and that's the same for most RPGs like Lunar etc.

I wish there was a way to convert to .chd and choose as low quality for the audio as possible.

I tried testing something in the similar vein of this by converting the cd audio of games like Rayman to .ogg, but it seems pcsx_rearmed does not support it and I wasn't able to convert to neither .pbp or .chd afterwards. It would have been nice to see if this worked because it might've been able to get even better framerates, which could help for those couple of games that use redbook audio. Better performance trumps audio quality any day for the 3ds right now, and you won't really be able to tell the difference with the "high-quality" 3DS speakers anyways.

Last edited by Zense,
Reactions: Nutez and ArviDroid

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I know the emulator only runs at full speed on New models, but is it possible to run simpler or 2D games like MegaMan X4 on Old 3DS?

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know the emulator only runs at full speed on New models, but is it possible to run simpler or 2D games like MegaMan X4 on Old 3DS?
I don't believe so; before unai was introduced you could barely get it to run fullspeed, unless you were playing the PAL version, and it would still drop frames frequently.

stewartisme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tested Yugioh Forbidden Memories and Parappa the Rapper (using the forwarder on the "safe" setting) and they both run amazingly. Parappa has had no issues at all playing through most of it so far. Audio is fine too. Yugioh is very good as well though it has some slight hickups sometimes when fusing cards or big particle effects (though it had those problems on a real ps1 also). Audio is fine too and everything else runs perfectly.

DottMark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
New Render: Retroarch 1.8.1 - ALL CHD
Doom NTSC: roughly59 fps. Really Playable
Kula World: Pal 30-59 fps. Playable.
Bust-a-move 2 - Arcade Edition NTSC: roughly 59 fps. Really Playable.
Breakout NTSC - 35 FPS. Maybe Playable.
Bomberman Party Edition: roughly 59 fps. Really Playable.

Last edited by DottMark,

someguy12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any word on recent nightlies being improvements or downgrades in terms of performance?

Also, whats the best/fastest way to update this - reinstall a more recent nightly CIA + replace contents of retroarch folder with corresponding nightly?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1