Pcsx emulator progress

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by gbaboy123, Dec 19, 2015.

1. gbaboy123
    OP

gbaboy123 Banned

Banned
    May 14, 2011
    United States
    tree with wi fi
    So we have the pcsx emulator for 3ds so my question is retroarch has been releasing lots of updates on it so my question is how is the framerate mostly for the final fantasy games thanks.

2. doctorgoat

doctorgoat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 3, 2015
    United States
    you should just immediately ask questions instead of doubling up on "so my question is"

i seem to remember seeing ffix running pretty ok with sound off on a n3ds

3. Kurt91

Kurt91 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 9, 2012
    United States
    Newport, WA
    If I remember correctly, the Final Fantasy games were confirmed playable on New 3DS. I haven't tried it myself, though. If it helps, I've been playing Tales of Phantasia and it works pretty well (almost full speed except for fight transitions and voice acting) even on the 3D world map. You can either turn off syncing the audio to the video for a speed boost, or turn on the Frame Skip option. Frame Skip may cause graphical glitches, but it helps with the speed, and it's not like you absolutely need pixel-perfect animation for an RPG.

Saiyan Lusitano likes this.
  4. gbaboy123
    OP

gbaboy123 Banned

Banned
    May 14, 2011
    United States
    tree with wi fi
    okay thanks :yay3ds:

5. DarkRioru

DarkRioru Dream Beeeeeaaaammmm!!!

Aug 29, 2015
    United States
    looking up at the stars
    can I use pcsx retroarch booting from ironhax or do I need arm 11 to install the cia for it to function properly??

6. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Wow, this is amazing. I didn't expect a PS1 emulator on 3DS so it comes as a nice surprise.

How well does Crash Bandicoot 1-3 handle on it?