Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone
I would like to buy some device to stream pc games from my pc to my TV.
I don't know where to begin however.
1-What do I need to stream my pc screen on my TV
1a-My tv is at about 6 meter from my computer and there is a wall between them (they aren't in the same room)
1b-With this device, is it complicated to configure it?
2-Once it's all set, what do i need to control it? Since the TV isn't in the same room where the computer is, what keyboard, mouse or controller is the best to use the computer. I'm talking about the range (about 9 meter from the computer with the same wall between them) and the energy required (battery or integrated battery that can be pluged).
3-I hope this equipement isn't too expensive.
Thanks a lot for helping

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you able to drill a hole in the wall (or poke it through some kind of air hole, even outside and back in)? A long HDMI cable is considerably easier to sort than any kind of network streaming or wireless rebroadcaster. Not to mention the PC versions of services are usually very nice.
Possible option 2. Put the PC on a little cart and be able to wheel it around. How many cables are really going in the back and can you reduce that by buying a USB hub?

Still it has become easier in recent years to stream things between two computers (if you have an old laptop that should work). Steam does have an option for it http://store.steampowered.com/streaming/ covers it. Many of the similar services have such things as well.
Plain old windows remote desktop is actually pretty low latency and handles 3d as well, however you might not have the versions of windows required to do it well (it tends to want professional/ones with domain support).

Various device makers have also announced their own takes on things that can do PC to TV streaming. http://www.razerzone.com/press/deta...nes-android-and-pc-gaming-for-the-living-room is not out yet I do not think but probably one of the more notable and should also mean you can have a decent android device as well. http://www.razerzone.com/ca-en/cortex/stream also.

Back on controlling it... 9m is probably pushing it for bluetooth and RF. I can do network control but if this is for games then it might not be able to handle the latency so well. If you can run a USB hub (preferably powered) with a bluetooth dongle and even if you just leave it behind the wall then 3 m behind the wall is far more doable for bluetooth. Bonus 2 is you might also be able to do bluetooth headset/heaphones.

If someone claims to have a proprietary wireless rebroadcasting device then I would not give them the time of day. If you want to get really crazy then you might be able to do something with a powered HDMI switch/hub (bonus also being with some of the nice Chinese ones they happen to also strip HDCP along the way) and run a cable all around the skirting board.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello everyone
I would like to buy some device to stream pc games from my pc to my TV.
I don't know where to begin however.
1-What do I need to stream my pc screen on my TV
1a-My tv is at about 6 meter from my computer and there is a wall between them (they aren't in the same room)
1b-With this device, is it complicated to configure it?
2-Once it's all set, what do i need to control it? Since the TV isn't in the same room where the computer is, what keyboard, mouse or controller is the best to use the computer. I'm talking about the range (about 9 meter from the computer with the same wall between them) and the energy required (battery or integrated battery that can be pluged).
3-I hope this equipement isn't too expensive.
Thanks a lot for helping
Streaming is a bit too slow for gaming IMO. Once you try it, you'll probably end up just playing the games on the PC anyway since they will be more enjoyable without latency or choppiness.

lytro

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Im using a Raspberry Pi with Limelight.

There are lots of guides on the web on how to set it up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1