Hacking PC not recognsing USB?

Vashyron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First, I'm using a PSP 3000 on 6.20 PRO-B6 CFW.

Ok so a couple of days ago I couldn't get my PC to see the contents of my Memory Stick trough the PSP's USB, but at least it recognized it was connected and I could still charge it trough USB and use Remotejoylite.
(Didn't bother me much at this point since I could transfer files by the my Pro Duo reader on my PC.)

But then today, my PC fails to recognize the PSP at all. So I can't charge it trough USB or use Remotejoylite.

I've already ruled out it being the USB cable's problem since I have 2 of these and none of them work. (While both working with my PS3 controller.)
I've also tried different USB slots all over my PC and none work.

Can anyone help me out on what they believe the problem could be?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Do you have another PC you can test with? Or the PS3 you mentioned? (So you can work out if it is the PSP or the PC that is the problem)

Presuming it is the PSP, disable all plugins and see if that makes any difference. Also check the USB device selected in Recovery Menu or VSH Menu (although it should show up regardless of the setting, just not necessarily as the Memory Stick)

Vashyron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well just tried connecting it to the PS3 and nope nothing, it doesn't believe a PSP is connected. (PSP problem then?)

I all turned off my Plugins trough the recovery menu and still nothing. (Also it was already set to memory stick.)

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah sounds like it must be a PSP problem, and if plugins aren't causing it, I don't know what is. It may be a hardware issue
frown.gif
Have you made any changes in the software between it working and it not working?

Vashyron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For it just stopping to see the Memory stick contents I have no idea.

Only thing I did before it stopped being recognized at all was removing the USB cable from the PC and putting a Bluetooth Dongle in it's place, then when I removed it and put the PSP back in it's place, it doesn't read the PSP anymore. (Tried Restarting PC as well.)

I really hope this isn't a Hardware problem. :/

I'm going to try and update to 6.20 PRO B9 to see if it fixes it.

Vashyron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bleh, updated and still doesn't work. (Even when I tried out OFW 6.20.)

If this is a Hardware problem, any clue on what I would need to do?

Also sure if there isn't anything else I could check out software side that could be causing problems?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Only semi-plausible explanation if it's not hardware damage is that you've somehow corrupted the IDStorage Keys by hotswapping as you described. If that's the case i think that you're screwed since it's a PSP 3000.

Of course that's just supposition...it may just be coincidental damage to the PSP's insides.

Vashyron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Already tried that, doesn't work unfortunately.

So from reading so far it's either a Hardware problem or IDStorage Keys? Nothing I can do about it on 3000 or can I? I rather leave checking if it's a internal Hardware problem as the last solution.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Probably a stupid question, but have you tried plugging the PSP in without the memory stick in and seeing what the result is?

It sounds like you've tried nearly everything, and Google wasn't overly helpful when I was looking around.

Vashyron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nathan Drake said:
Probably a stupid question, but have you tried plugging the PSP in without the memory stick in and seeing what the result is?

It sounds like you've tried nearly everything, and Google wasn't overly helpful when I was looking around.

Yeah, I've tried that a couple of times already.
frown.gif

QUOTE(Coto @ Sep 11 2011, 07:51 PM) Incidentally, it may be a problem with the USB fuse blown up. Check the 3rd fuse repair at the bottom of the page Here.

I've actually found that when I searched before, thought it's possible this could be what happened if it's a hardware problem, but like I said I rather take the option of opening the PSP as the last resort. At this point it seems I will have to though as I think I've tried everything unless someone knows something else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse