PayPal Help - Adding a card

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Sinkhead, May 14, 2008.

1. Sinkhead
    OP

Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

Former Staff
    Nov 22, 2006
    Across the pond
    Ok, So I'm trying to add a debit card to my PayPal account so I can transfer money from PayPal into it but to be honest I'm not sure the details I have entered are correct and there is no way I can afford a £14 return fee. Does anyone else have a bank account with Halifax and has signed up to PayPal?

[​IMG]

Thanks a lot if you can help me with my questions!

2. legendofphil

legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

Nov 19, 2002
    If you are adding a card you have gone to the wrong place it should look like this:
    [​IMG]

3. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London
    you can't add fund to a debit card anyway, you can only pay for things with a debit card, you have to use a bank account and sort code to transfer money from your pay pal account, i hate the way pay pal do it like this. :S

4. Sinkhead
    OP

Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

Former Staff
    Nov 22, 2006
    Across the pond
    I went on 'My Account' then 'Withdraw' then 'Transfer to Bank Account'

This is the form I get

[​IMG]

How did you get to that form?

5. tomqman

tomqman This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.

Aug 7, 2007
    Isle Of Wight
    its easy to set up paypal with a bank account just double check all the details [​IMG] they make look hard but its not

edit:
    too get to that screen go to profile add or remover card
    but i think you need to add a back before an card

6. Sinkhead
    OP

Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

Former Staff
    Nov 22, 2006
    Across the pond
    I did double check them but it will take me three weeks to earn back the £14 it will cost me if things aren't exactly right, that's why I posted some questions in the first post about the details I'm not too sure about.

7. lookout

lookout GBAtemp Board Room

Aug 16, 2006
    United Kingdom
    PayPal are the worse pain in the ass! go with Google Checkout....

8. Sinkhead
    OP

Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

Former Staff
    Nov 22, 2006
    Across the pond
    But I have money in my PayPal account that I need to get to my bank account [​IMG]

9. Man18

Man18 GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 6, 2007
    United States
    Florida
    legendofphil didnt read what you had to say. his comment is maybe helpful to other later down the line but dont use his post for help at the moment.

Adding a bank acc will make it so you can use your cash through paypal. im pretty sure it works the other way but round these parts when you do this they will send you a paypal card to get money off of your acc.

10. Dio

Dio WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Dec 29, 2007
    United States
    Mount Vernon, WA
    It's easier to use your checking account number (which is linked with your debit card). Just make sure you get your routing number first from the bank. Then get it verified and you're set. In the US you need a minimum of $1 in your account for Paypal to verify it, and it does this by withdrawing the $1 and depositing back in two separate amounts. I don't know how it would work for you though.

11. Lee79

Lee79 Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict

Jul 29, 2007
    ctf_2fort
    To transfer money you have to add a bank account to paypal. PayPal will check the bank account belongs to you by
    depositing 2 small amounts (2p and 7p in my case) which you have to check on your bank account statement and then enter the amounts on your paypal profile.

That is what i did with a Halifax account and i can transfer money both ways.

12. wilddenim

wilddenim Candy!

Sep 4, 2007
    UK
    jalaneme - Wrong.

I've got Debit Card with Halifax on Paypal and have received funds. Funds to appear in your bank take a few days. (usually 3-7 days.)

If you haven't done that Lee79 suggested, do it.

13. Lee79

Lee79 Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict

Jul 29, 2007
    ctf_2fort
    Do you mean add a credit/debit card to my Paypal account i have done that also.

14. wilddenim

wilddenim Candy!

Sep 4, 2007
    UK
    I meant sinkhead should do what you suggested, adding two small amount to your bank account to verify his account [​IMG]

15. iwakura

iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

Jul 20, 2006
    United States
    California
    can you request a check from paypal?

also, try giving them a call. I've gotten good service a few times from calling them (and one really bad time) and see if they can walk you through it or set it up for you?