patching rom translations

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by W.I.C.K.E.D., Feb 12, 2009.

1. W.I.C.K.E.D.
    OP

W.I.C.K.E.D. GBAtemp Regular

Feb 12, 2009
    United States
    I have a japanese ds rom I wanna patch a translation into english to, how do I go about doing that? I didn't know if I had all the software I would need. Anyone that can help I would appreciate it much as I'm trying to learn the ins and outs of this. I wanna do one myself actually. I looked in the forum but had no luck. THANKS [​IMG]

2. nIxx

nIxx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 30, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    Do you want to make a own translation or only patch a game with a translation !?

3. W.I.C.K.E.D.
    OP

W.I.C.K.E.D. GBAtemp Regular

Feb 12, 2009
    United States
    I wanna patch the translation I have for the rom to the rom so that I can see it in english. I also wanna learn how to do it myself so if you know of any way/tutorial I can learn it through I'd appreciate it. Thanks fellow gamer [​IMG]

4. nIxx

nIxx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 30, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    It depends on the patch file format for example if itĀ“s ppf use PPF-O-Matic.
    And there is a sticky [​IMG] from FAST6191 that explains very much about Rom Hacking
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=73394
    Another good source for documentationĀ“s is http://romhacking.net.
    Anyway as first you should learn some things about hex values.

5. psycoblaster

psycoblaster Divine

Jan 26, 2008
    Seoul.. (in Korea)
    That depends on what patch you are using.
    I THINK ninja patcher can patch many different types of patches though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice