Patching ISOs

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by kanus, Apr 12, 2011.

Apr 12, 2011

Patching ISOs by kanus at 7:22 PM (882 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. kanus
    OP

Newcomer kanus Newbie

Canada
    I'm planning to hack my PSP3001, which is presently on 6.31, using the guide by updating to 6.26 and running TN-D. It looks fairly straightforward but I was wandering if it is necessary to patch my ISOs. If so, do I use ISO Tools to decrypt and patch the ISOs? Will it cause any problems if I try to patch an ISO that is prepatched?

Thanks.

2. Jolan

Member Jolan Unlimited Bear Works

Bulgaria
  3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    The guides are slightly oudated as a new CFW came out two days ago and we're still figuring it out.

Update to 6.35 PRO-B4 and downgrade to 6.20 PRO-B4 (assuming your PSP shows up as a 03g-05g in the system properties box after hacking, you can use the permanent PRO-B4).

With the Inferno ISO driver (and option in PRO-B4) you shouldn't need to patch most ISOs.

4. kanus
    OP

Newcomer kanus Newbie

Canada
    Thanks for the information. Do you expect the guides will be updated in the near future? I'm a real noob so I might wait till the guides are updated before I proceed.

5. Rydian

United States
    Idunno', I've been thinking of asking prowler if I can take over the softmod guide since he's been really busy lately.

The issue is these new firmwares play PSP games better, but the older ones currently play some PSX games better, so it's a split on which to use.

6. slayerdx

Member slayerdx GBAtemp Regular

United States
    you can find out what "g" version it is by going to system information right? and its right where the mac address should be? Also anyone know if pro-B4 plays dj max portable 3? or is that still meh?

7. Rydian

United States
    Yes, these new hacks replace the MAC address with the motherboard family info, and anything up through 05g should be able to do a permanent install.

I assume max portable 3 works.