Hacking Patching DSOrganize 2.4 for G6

springah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Alright this is from memory, and I'm old, so...

let's see, I put dlditool, g6fl.dldi, and dsorganize.nds in the same directory on my windows desktop.
I didn't write a batch file.. I just used the RUN option in the Start menu and browsed to the directory, then clicked dlditool and added the "g6fl.dldi dsorganize.nds" to the end of the text field. It ran quickly and invisibly, but changed the "modified" date on the .nds file.

From there I just dragged dsorganize.nds into the G6 card at the root level, ejected, slapped it in my DS and went to My Card in the G6 Lite menu, touched the dsorganize.nds file and selected "add header"... and it ran, and saved, and all that good stuff.

By the way, if you haven't updated your card to the 4.6C firmware... do it now, that might be your problem!?!

now to get it working on the game selection menu
frown.gif

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... ditch the dsorganize that's on your card, and start from the beginning.
Re-download DSOrganize, The Patch, and I noticed, as of today there's a GUI version of the patching tool (maybe that'll make things easier) and start again.

Unzip everything and put it in the same directory in windows, then I assume you can just run dlditool by doubleclicking it (haven't tried that version.)

BOB SHALL BE YOUR UNCLE, BY AND BY!

Use the force, Luke.

or

Use the forceps, Luke.
(biblical reference, ignore me.)
wink.gif

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... ditch the dsorganize that's on your card, and start from the beginning.
Re-download DSOrganize, The Patch, and I noticed, as of today there's a GUI version of the patching tool (maybe that'll make things easier) and start again.

Unzip everything and put it in the same directory in windows, then I assume you can just run dlditool by doubleclicking it (haven't tried that version.)

BOB SHALL BE YOUR UNCLE, BY AND BY!

Use the force, Luke.

or

Use the forceps, Luke.
(biblical reference, ignore me.)
wink.gif

thnx! I'll try that!

and I will ignore you... for now!
wink.gif
jk

skullstatue

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get errors every now and then, it's a beta and should probably be expected. I wish I didn't have to hit add header all of the time though..........

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
When I run dsbuild, I don't have to add header every time I run the DSOrganize. So I can have it on my main menu.Â
yaynds.gif

And doing it "my way", there are no errors.
Thanks a bunch askoeho, I was hoping dsbuild would do that. I'm not getting any errors so far, but I'll re-do it for the sake of less steps to get to it. The point of having a program like DSO is to have it "at hand", all the extra steps were a pain.

So I'll give it a shot, and then try to explain it to Juggernaut
wink.gif

askoeho

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
"To use the technique of booting off a GBA flash cartridge it needs an additional 'loader' that gets executed first to switch to DS mode. This is appended to the .nds file using a tool called 'dsbuild'. This results in a 'someprog.nds.gba' file (or sometimes a 'someprog.ds.gba' file depending on what development system you use)."

samred

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
though I've gotten dsorganize to work by going through and adding the header every single time, I'm still not getting exactly what you do with dsbuild. I created dsorganize.nds.gba and...well, I dunno what to do with that. r-tard guide would be greatly appreciated!!

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
though I've gotten dsorganize to work by going through and adding the header every single time, I'm still not getting exactly what you do with dsbuild. I created dsorganize.nds.gba and...well, I dunno what to do with that. r-tard guide would be greatly appreciated!!
rename it to dsorganize.nds and put it in your NDS directory on the G6, it should show up in the main menu after that

askoeho

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
OK homies, here's a step by step guide:
lecture.gif

1) Download the newest version of the DSOrganize http://www.dragonminded.com/?loc=ndsdev/DSOrganize
2) Download the G6 Flash DLDI-file and the DLDI patcher (Win32 GUI version for those who doesn't like command prompt) http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/
3) Download dsbuild.exe http://rapidshare.com/files/11650585/dsbuild.exe.html
4) Extract DSOrganize and DLDI patcher to the same folder. Copy G6 Flash DLDI-file and dsbuild.exe to the same folder.
5) Patch DSOrganize.nds with the DLDI patcher. (Of course with the G6 Flash DLDI-file!)
6) Delete DSOrganize.ds.gba
7) Drag'n'drop DSOrganize.nds over dsbuild.exe
8) Delete DSOrganize.nds
9) Rename DSOrganize.ds.gba to DSOrganize.nds
10) Copy DSOrganize.nds with G6 U-DISK Manager to your G6 Flash. (Direct copy)
11) Copy DSOrganize-folder to your G6 Flash's root
12) IT WORKS!
biggrin.gif

Tell me if there's a step you don't understand or you don't know how to do it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi