Ambassador of Ooo
OP
Trophies
Website
www.trifuck.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Alrighty so, as some of you know, the Monster Hunter Tri online servers are down and out as of yesterday I believe. :( So I figured I'd go ahead and tweak my game now to add some offline fun.
I really wanted to install these custom quests/weaps into the game
via patching but, goddamnit, my physical copy of the game is trashed and I know for a fact riivolution doesn't work on backups. Is there any other way to patch these into my backup of the game, just wonderin?

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't know how the quests you are talking about are patched in, but I got the translation patch to Project Zero/Fatal Frame 4 to work with an image instead of a physical copy.
I did this by extracting the whole filesystem of the Wii disc image, switching the files with the ones from the patch and packaging the whole thing back together again. I forgot what the tool was called that I used for this, but that should be easy to find.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
FF4 only used file replacements
thats easy to do (iirc I used wiiscrubber, but there are others)

but afaik riivolution supports other things too
like file patching (must probably done by hand) and memory patching (would have to be converted to a cheat code by hand)
the file which tells riivolution what do to is plaintext
open it and try to replicate what it says

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@PsyBlade What was that tool again to extract/repackage a Wii disc file system?
Come to think of it, wiimm's tools should do the trick, but the stuff we used for FF4 was something other. Maybe more user firendly because it had a GUI.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm