patch PSN PSX eboot?

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Shabutie78, Jul 8, 2011.

Jul 8, 2011

patch PSN PSX eboot? by Shabutie78 at 12:23 PM (2,791 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Shabutie78
    OP

Member Shabutie78 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    i have about 30 psone classics on my 3.55 PS3. i switched from rebug to otheros++, and i lost my act.dat, all my licenses for everything on my PS3.
    i still have all my PSX eboots on my PS3, and i can FTP them to my computer and from there, put them on my PSP.
    but the games won't run.
    is there a way for me to patch/crack the eboots to make them work on my 6.20 PRO psp?

2. DarkStriker

Member DarkStriker GBAtemp's Kpop lover!

Norway
    You need something called keys.bin
    It need to be in the same folder as the eboot.php
    As for how you get it.. your on your own. I dont think its even allowed to post it here.

3. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Why don't you use Media Go to transfer them from your PSN account to your PSP? Should work fine since you're on PRO.

4. Shabutie78
    OP

United States
    @DarkStriker will any keys.bin work? or is it different for every eboot?
    i've heard of people creating keys.bins, but i don't know how. pm me if you know anything?

@xist, i pirated them all, with rebug. so unfortunately i can't get them back with my psn account. they belong to a debug account which we can no longer connect to ;p

5. xist

United Kingdom
    They're gone for good then. There's no way that i'm aware of that "legit" PSN PSX games can run without those original licence files and program launchers.

Once you have them they're not locked but without them you're stuffed.

6. DarkStriker

Member DarkStriker GBAtemp's Kpop lover!

Norway
    Im not sure myself. But i believe it doesnt matter as almost everyone use the same keys.bin. Just do some google search and try the one that everyone says they succeded with.

7. Shabutie78
    OP

United States
    it's alright. these fuckers are gone for good.
    i'll have to redownload them all for my psp then just use a video out so i can play them on my tv and with my ps3 controller.
    thanks for the help anyway doods :/

8. obito

Member obito I can have a title?! :O

New Zealand
    can't you do that fake np data thing?

9. nl255

Member nl255 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

What happens is that when you play a legit PSN PSX game on CFW, the CFW dumps the decryption keys to keys.bin, and once you have that you can then transfer that game to any other PSP with CFW. The keys.bin is different for every PSN PSX game (i.e. Wild Arms has a different keys.bin than Grandia, but all copies of Grandia have the same keys.bin), but I think you might be able to download an archive of all the PSN keys.bin files at some of the usual places. Note that this does not apply to converted games (PSX2PSP) which use a static key but only to PSN versions.

10. xist

United Kingdom
    ^No that's not what happens, and no you can't use a downloaded keys.bin from the "usual places" with PSN PS Classics which are missing that file.