Partial upgrade from 4.5 to 9.2?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Askedforthis, Jun 8, 2016.

  1. Askedforthis
    OP

    Askedforthis GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    117
    67
    Oct 15, 2013
    Norway
    Hi.

    So I tried to get the A9LH stuff working on my o3DS as it has been on 4.5 since Gateway started their stuff many years ago. So it needed to be upgraded to 9.2.

    Following the upgrade guide from 4.5 to 9.2, and what seemed to be a good upgrade, I seem to be stuck at a partial firmware between 4.5 and 9.2. The browser is from 4.5 (1.7498), the settings menu still say 4.5, I do not have any themes or any other stuff that seems out of touch with 4.5. So it seems like everything still is on 4.5.

    However my Nintendo DS flashcart does not work anymore and gives the generic "error has occurred and needs to be restarted" error.

    I have no idea whether the mset hack works, as it simply says "Error has occurred" and sends me back. The old mset might have been corrupted during the "partial" upgrade, and might work if the mset is re-enabled. Though without a DS card that actually works, that's rather hard to set.

    BrowserHax does not work, it gives "An error has occurred". Tried it a million times. SpiderHax does not work (gateway's version at least) and gives the same error.

    So something has clearly been updated that makes things harder.

    What is the current course of action now? Upgrade through a cartridge? That would preferably be out of the question, as my o3DS is US, while I live in Europe (damn you Nintendo for not having midnight purple ones over here).

    Important Edit:

    I'm an idiot. Of course this is the result of me screwing myself over by using the EUR 9.2 instead of the US one. Of course I had to forget that this is a US console, not european one. This is basically a partial brick at this point.

    The 3DS still works fine. However it needs to be properly upgraded with a US firmware. Any thoughts?

    I'll try a compatible Nintendo DS flashcard tomorrow and see how it works out. If not, Snoopy's Adventure is going to get bought.

    Solved:

    I solved it by using a DSTWO card and using the 4.x.x DG mset exploit instead of the normal 4.x.x mset. Using that, I managed to get back into pasta'd sysNAND and do a system update with the proper region. Lucky.

    This problem is hereby solved.
     
    Last edited by Askedforthis, Jun 15, 2016
  2. Davidosky99

    Davidosky99 Eevee :3

    Banned
    2,582
    1,570
    Jun 7, 2015
    Porto
  3. Askedforthis
    OP

    Askedforthis GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    117
    67
    Oct 15, 2013
    Norway
    That's exactly the guide I followed, but in my idiocy managed to install the wrong firmware since I always forget that this is in fact a US console, not european one.

    The 3DS still works. The menus works. The browser works. The settings works. The problem is that I now don't have any entry points to do another upgrade to hopefully fix it.
     
    Last edited by Askedforthis, Jun 8, 2016