Partial downgrade?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by swnny, Mar 30, 2016.

1. swnny
    OP

swnny Member

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2016
    Hello everyone!

Last week I ordered a New 3DS and since then till it's arrival today, I've being reading how to downgrade it and install EmuNAND + ReiNAND on it. Following this guide https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Homebrew)

So I ran browserhax, installed menuhax, started PlaiSysUpdater v4 and hit Y to downgrade it. Everything was green and good until suddenly the top screen turned black and the bottom displayed "an error has occured. Hold down the POWER Button to turn off the power, then turn it on and try again. If the problem persists, please contact your local customer support centre. For contact details, check the Operations Manual or visit support.nintendo.com".

Here I waited around 5 minutes and turned the console off, after turning it back on it stayed with a black screens, so I turned it off again, removed the microSD card and powered it on once again. This time it booted. In System Settings it was saing 9.2.0-20E, but that was a partial downgrade from my understading.

So, I went and again ran browserhax, installed menuhax, started PlaiSysUpdater v4 again and hit Y. Then this happened:
    http://i.imgur.com/pNP2Ssx.jpg (sorry for the flash, but without it its all messy)

downgraded ONE file and said it's successful. It did not reboot, so I had to hold down the power button, but then it started normaly with the sdcard.
    Is it fully downgraded now? I'm not sure anymore... as my heartbeat rate is over 200 at the moment... Any help is more then welcome! Thank you!

2. guitarheroknight

guitarheroknight 1.6180339887

Nov 9, 2014
    Croatia
    Grand Line
    Hi, the same thing happened to me twice now, It always hangs on the Native Firm part (that one .cia). All in all youre good, its fully downgraded now :yay3ds:

3. swnny
    OP

swnny Member

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2016
    THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!

So, I should be good to go and continue with dumping SysNAND and install EmuNAND and ReiNAND?

4. guitarheroknight

Nov 9, 2014
    Croatia
    Grand Line
    Sure why not, or better yet go with A9LH when youre ready. But Reinand should be good for now for your needs.

5. swnny
    OP

swnny Member

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2016
    For the time, ReiNAND sounds like all I need. And I don't want to risk even more bricking my brand new console. ^^ Thanks again!

6. swnny
    OP

swnny Member

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2016
    Just another quick question, if I may.
    As I'm in EMUNAND9 and backing up my sysnand, should I install EmuNAND or RedNAND for use with ReiNAND?

7. guitarheroknight

Nov 9, 2014
    Croatia
    Grand Line
    Well I never actually used rednand before but Im guessing its the same thing? If im not wrong Rednand is like 600 mb lighter than Emunand.

8. swnny
    OP

swnny Member

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2016
    Once again, I want to thank you for the help and support!
    Following MrMario's video tutorial on YouTube, with the latest version of the tools from Plailect's guide, I'm now with a 9.2 SysNAND and 10.7 EmuNAND running ReiNAND 3.5. So far everything is great. Boot rates seems like 100% at the moment.
    Except for error during the downgrade, which scared the shit out of me, everything else went smooth.

9. Just Passing By

Just Passing By GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    Yes and no. Rednand removes about 500 mb (which is amazing) from the the created partition but only for the N3ds that has a 1.8 gb nand. For anything else, it's very minimal.

10. guitarheroknight

Nov 9, 2014
    Croatia
    Grand Line
    No problem, Im glad you managed to figure out everything. MrMario2011 has the best tutorials on 3DS hacking so Id recommend taking a look at his A9LH tutorial which I followed and managed to succesfully retrieve my OTP