Parenting

ProNine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Against my wishes :/
I'm a gay guy who can't come out to my family because it's forbidden as fuck.
I know that my parents would really want to see me grow up and get married and their happiness means a lot to me. I'd actually rather live in the closet and make them happy because they are wonderful parents. Coming out to them would e like saying Fuck you after all true done for me.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd actually rather live in the closet and make them happy because they are wonderful parents. Coming out to them would e like saying Fuck you after all true done for me.

That does not sound like a way I would like to live. That said I am probably not gay and my parents would not care in the slightest (the advice that dealt with that would probably have been "fuck whomever you like, just wear a condom" which is sound advice from where I sit).

I am not going to dispense any kind of advice based on a three line post but if one of my friends had said something similar you can be fairly safe in assuming my response would be along the lines of "what kind of nonsense is that?", granted I can not see any parents of my friends holding such views so eh.

ProNine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That does not sound like a way I would like to live. That said I am probably not gay and my parents would not care in the slightest (the advice that dealt with that would probably have been "fuck whomever you like, just wear a condom" which is sound advice from where I sit).

I am not going to dispense any kind of advice based on a three line post but if one of my friends had said something similar you can be fairly safe in assuming my response would be along the lines of "what kind of nonsense is that?", granted I can not see any parents of my friends holding such views so eh.
No need for advice, it's just that things are different when you've got religious parents.

Reactions: Deleted_171835

Hungry Friend

It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I avoided religion for a long time because of bigotry such as that so good luck Pro and I hope you're able to come out eventually without your parents freaking out. I am a(unofficially still) Christian but I personally see nothing wrong with someone being gay because it's something a person is born with rather than a choice like some of the nuttier religious people believe. I hope your parents get to the point to where they will love you no matter what your sexual preference is because quite frankly it doesn't affect them negatively in any way and it's your damn life. Good luck dude.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By now, many of you should know that HBO will be getting the first run of the next 5 seasons of Sesame Street. I have HBO and I'm still not happy about this.

Details:
- HBO gets the first run of Sesame Street for the next 5 seasons

- PBS will get the new episodes 9 months later

- PBS will be remix-making older episodes to fill in the gaps.

- The one hour format is gone and the 30 minute format is here to stay. Streaming media and children's habits were blamed for this but let's be honest, its about the money.

- An additional "Sesame Street Muppets" show will be created. Something tells me that HBO smoothed some things over with Disney (the new Muppets overlord) during this deal.

So, for those of you with Sesame Street aged kids, what do you think? I was really excited for the new season but taking first run episodes off over the air TV really sucks for the kids.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's easy. All it takes is one roll of duct tape.

Use it on the child.
Now that's just cruel lmao. Today I did have to use some transparent tape for my shelf to create a barrier for my lowest controller. I left just enough space for an adult hand to get in and grab controllers but that space is high enough that the little one can't grab and fling my GameCube controller around.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I really really don't think Sesame-Street-aged kids care if they're watching a new episode or not.

Yeah no kidding. I remember being at my friends house while his sister was babysitting their...4? year old niece and I had the pleasure of watching Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 5 fucking times in a row....and soo many other disney/pixar movies multiple times. Kids give no shits about rewatching something they've already watched. They probably already forgot what they watched by the time they watch it again.

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like I've commented on this thread before.. Anyhow, I love children. I used to babysit a lot. I plan on having lots of kids, at least 3. Biologically speaking, it's the only point to your existence (to pass on your genes).

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah no kidding. I remember being at my friends house while his sister was babysitting their...4? year old niece and I had the pleasure of watching Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 5 fucking times in a row....and soo many other disney/pixar movies multiple times. Kids give no shits about rewatching something they've already watched. They probably already forgot what they watched by the time they watch it again.
Not as bad as 3 fucking hours of lalaloopsy

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing high school friends who are getting married and having kids, even though I think at my age that's a bit early, makes me feel old already. I'm talking about ages 18-22! I'm not a parent, I'm only 21, but still. What makes me feel old is that I'm starting to get closer and closer to that age where people start getting married and all that jazz. Like, really close. I'd love to have a wife and kids someday, hopefully before I hit 30, but that definitely wouldn't make it any better. :lol:

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love being a parent. I don't feel old at all when I look at them. I love to color, read, or watch a movie (the little one can sit still through one now.) we usually color on old cardboard. We made a backdrop for my daughters my little ponies. There were rainbows. The little one likes when I put her in a laundry basket and tie my belt to it. I haul her all about the house. We also made a spaceship out of a big diaper box. My oldest is into Legos now. That is super fun, until the baby gets involved. I walk my daughter to school each morning and she loves to push her sister in the stroller. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I love it.

Reactions: wartimekillers

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I'm not a parent my mother is a day-care provider. I do live with her so I have seen the good and bad of children ever since I was 14.(25 now) I can honestly say that most kids are pretty fun. Playing with them makes me feel like a kid again. Though I have no interest in becoming a parent. As FAST said they are a finical and emotional burden and I'm too selfish for all that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1