Not open for further replies.

shideneyu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hellow'! I found an interresting news on a french news website.

Swizzy releaded this morning a graphical gui providing the ability to bypass the 3DS parental control, thanks to some code released 6 months ago by.. neimod.

3ds_parental_tool.png

The tool can be found here.

Sources: http://www.homebrew-connection.org/3ds-parental-tool-remove-the-parental-restricition-easily/ via http://mobiles.gx-mod.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=9859

I don't think we will see new tools in the near futur, as it is unrelated to neimod's latest discoveries. But this is highly promising :D !

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So basically Neimod figured out the algorithm the 3DS was using to generate the master key and/or service code a long time ago and some guy made it into a program?

back25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I believe so, anyone try it?

idk if asking for a new key resets the old one, so i wouldn't do it for the lulz.
but if it were the case, i guess a lot of parents would get mad if their kid tried to reset it

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm pretty sure that Parental Controls are not exactly high up on the list of security features of any company - they're supposed to protect children who normally don't have the hacking know-how to bypass them. :P

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
This has nothing to do with hacking.
The app wouldn't have been possible without the knowledge Neimod obtained by hacking the 3ds. Its more significant than you think. Maybe its not very useful for most of us, but it portends of greater hax to come.

I guarantee you Nintendo is going to be sweating bullets over this -- expect a quick update. They take their "kid-friendly" image seriously. Parental Control is essentially a broken feature now.

Reactions: chavosaur

back25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure that Parental Controls are not exactly high up on the list of security features of any company - they're supposed to protect children who normally don't have the hacking know-how to bypass them. :P

This password isn't very secure because there isn't much you can do with it.
not because children can't hack stuff

Briadark

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have made a parent control setup on my 3DS and tried to get access to it with this tool. And yes it hot access so I can confirm that this tool is for real and that it works!

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, kids who would even know about this tool USUALLY are too old for the parental controls anyway, seeing as the content on the 3ds isnt even really all that bad for the most part. This just gives a way to tell parents that the child you trying to lock out are just too old, lol XD I know its objectionable, lol, but its still funny.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This password isn't very secure because there isn't much you can do with it.
not because children can't hack stuff
That too, but my point was that Nintendo could've used any cypher they wanted and create a hard-to-break one but just didn't bother because it's Parental Controls, it doesn't have to be secure.

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

rondoh70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only reason I can see someone older then say 13 using this is to prevent them from watching pr0n.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2