Parental control doesn't work with 90DNS?

n0ir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!

I'm running CFW on my Nintendo Switch and using 90DNS to avoid being connected to Nintendos servers. I control the Switch using Parental Control to set a limit on screen time each day.

However, the Switch do not lock when the screen time is reached as it should. I also can't "Acquire Latest Settings" under System Settings -> Parental Control, making me think it depends on servers 90DNS block.

Is it possible to block updates without messing up Parental Controls? We don't play online using CFW so I guess I could remove the DNS-servers but this seems risky.

Aetopia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi!

I'm running CFW on my Nintendo Switch and using 90DNS to avoid being connected to Nintendos servers. I control the Switch using Parental Control to set a limit on screen time each day.

However, the Switch do not lock when the screen time is reached as it should. I also can't "Acquire Latest Settings" under System Settings -> Parental Control, making me think it depends on servers 90DNS block.

Is it possible to block updates without messing up Parental Controls? We don't play online using CFW so I guess I could remove the DNS-servers but this seems risky.
Parental Controls uses Nintendo Services, so obviously having the servers blocked would hamper its functions.

Reactions: binkinator

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!

You could just delete the Wi-Fi settings altogether.

sdeoskl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've utilized the parental control application without issue up to this point. It is completely modern. It never again consequently refreshes the data from the Switch. For instance: assuming the switch is being used the entire day, the application won't show me that it was being used. Assuming I have a two hour limitation, it does not work anymore. The fix should be to turn on the switch and interface it to the web. The switch has no association issues and is associated with web; however I've taken it off my wifi and added it back. I've gone through the settings and will match up it to my application. No change. Whenever I erase and downloaded the application again it then, at that point, gives me every one of the updates yet to the hour of that I downloaded the application once more. On the off chance that the switch is being used after the new download, again the application won't show it. Individuals have recommended that my child tracked down a work around to the parental limitations and that is mistaken, I have full admittance to the switch there is no issue. Any assistance would be greatly valued,

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this is my first aurora tbh
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, multiple have happened in my lifetime, but it's always been too cloudy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok had let dog out, and yea still can't see it, oh well. Maybe tom night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ballocks these drives aren't allowing raid
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sucks, well you will get double the space then atleast.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy needs to come back
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you try Raid 10?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did raid69
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The physical disk keeps disabling in bios
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey ken did you see the aurora tonight?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also sorry it was too cloudy, that sucks