OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Version 0.1 Alpha 3 Released!

27xpllh.png

'Parallel Worlds: Combined' is a new platforming game I am currently working on. In it, there are various 'worlds'. Each world will have it's own levels, characters, and enemies, and music. It features a unique camera system, realistic AI, fantastic levels and music, and, of course, my own 'Jelli' world, designed entirely by myself. Extra worlds, levels, and character suggestions/submissions are very much welcomed in the 'Parallel Worlds: Combined - Forums' (Coming soon!)

Rough Backstory (not final):
You are a character, in your own world, and in your own time. You enjoy life: hanging out with friends, training your skills, talking with girls, etc. But, one day as you are relaxing at your favourite holiday location, a freak wormhole opens up and drags in one of your most prized possessions (unique to your character). In a desperate attempt to retrieve it, you leap in after it, and enter a dark void. Suddenly, you find yourself in a large, open space with various wormholes and portals around you. As you go over to have a look inside one, you find yourself getting sucked in. Desperately, you try to grab something around you, but this effort ends up being futile as there usually isn't anything in a wide open space, anyway. Finally, you succumb to the pull of the wormhole, and end up in a strange world full of mystical (or not so mystical) creatures and characters.

Now, you must adventure through various areas, jumping on enemies and leaping from world to world. There's one problem, though. You soon realise that all these worlds are parallel, meaning that the object you seek to find is in every world, just in a different form. This makes it extremely difficult for you. Will you find your prized possession? Or will you just end up with a flimsy plastic clone? It's all up to fate... I mean.. you, of course.

Official Beta Testers:
fedgergama
Morgawr
Eternal Myst
sleight
Noitora
zidane_genome

Links
The Parallel Worlds Blog
The Parallel Worlds Forums

Downloads
Version 0.1 Alpha 3

I've decided to opt out of bug testing for a few releases, as I managed to find most of the bugs myself, seeing as there isn't much to it. Later, more complex releases will be released to the beta testers first.

Known Bugs:
-Err... hyper-speed? Honestly, I have no idea what the heck this is or why it's happening
-When moving to the left side of the stage, a few pixels of the other stage might show. This is a simple stage limit error.
-Various collision bugs, particularly with corners. This is because I made which could be called the worst stage in existence. memesmiley

Screenshots:
nctoy.png
2a62ya1.png
1zbz05k.png

Morgawr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
If you need, I can help you with beta testing. It sounds fun but I've got a question first: what kind of game is it? It sounds like a platformer with a background rpg-like story... seems cool!

Count me in if you need help beta testing!

ps: I've got an R4 with latest (and last T_T) firmware with a phat DS in case it's needed.

EDIT: Also, I was just wondering if you're programming this with libnds or with PAlib? Just a curiosity since I read on your blog and, having never used PAlib, I didn't know if that was a PAlib function or a handmade libnds implementation...

sleight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
sounds awsome
but even if it's gonna be a platformer. please try not to toss the story too far in the background

would rly like to be one of the chosen testers..
could also try to design a character for your jelly world, but that depends on the style (i got some PS skills but i'm not a pro)

good luck

strata8

Look! A pointless distraction!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for applying, guys. Like I said before, the alpha has no 'game' to it. All it has is one character, one level, and two flying enemies. It's mainly to test the engine. I'm sure you will be helpful
happy.gif

Morgawr: I use PAlib, as it's really easy to use and can do quite a bit. Most people would have trouble reinstalling it if they lose it, but luckily for me, I've got the binaries and installer on my computer
wink.gif

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
I can do some beta testing if you want. I can try out lots of neat stuff or I can make suggestions, I used to make games myself after all
tongue.gif

Wait, this didn't make much sense, did it?

I have an Acekard 2

OneMichael

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
atomicat.com
XP
Country
Canada
The game sounds modular. Would people be able to make their own worlds, for other players to download? That would be fun.

What responsibilities would we have as alpha testers? Testing on different cards and devices comes foremost to mind, but how much engine-testing could we do?
At any rate, count me in! For statistical purposes: I have a CycloDS Evolution on a DSLite.

osimonbinladen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Am I too late to put my name down for beta testing?
This game sounds like a lot of fun I'd like to help to support it.
I have got a TTDS.
Oh, and I'm really good at breaking stuff to figure out errors.
biggrin.gif

strata8

Look! A pointless distraction!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can say now that Beta Testing Applications are closed. The good news is, all of you will have the position, seeing that I had less people in another forum I posted in. The alpha will be released about midday February 1 (GMT+10), or else midday February 1 (GMT)

sleight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Tested it on my Cyclo and workd almsot without any glitch..
actually the only glitch was that i jump somewhere around and the screen just scrolled on.
they I intentionally had to jump down into a hole to get respawned.. was the only way to ge mrio back to canvas

nice job. keep it up

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
Let's see, this is what I've found so far:
When going down a slide the jumping sprite is displayed instead of the walking one.
The jump-through platforms are somewhat buggy

That's all, I was using the 0.1 alpha 2 version.

Morgawr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Using the 0.1 alpha2 test version the glitches I got were:

Beside the ones already said by Noitora:

When you die from a koopa and you respawn you get the sprite of the koopa behind you following you, but if you die another time, there won't be a sprite behind you anymore.
The first time the koopa's sprites appeared on screen (on the right side) I saw a flicker of the same sprites on the left side of the screen as well, it lasted less than 0.1 sec but I could see it. But when I tried to re-create it in the same game it didn't work... (I can't recreate the glitch anymore, but I think it's related to the coding that causes the same glitch when you die)
Another bug is when you get stuck between two blocks (like those gray boxes) and you go left and right, you can see a flicker of the previous sprite (the one turned in the opposite direction) appear just for a second. I think the problem there is caused by the OAM not updating so fast so there are chunks of screen that aren't refreshed... with libnds I had a problem like that in a program I made (just a walking sprite) and I had to call oamClear(&oamMain,0,0); that clears all the sprite memory in the OAM after every cycle of main loop... I don't know though if that's the real problem or if you can do something like that in PAlib.

xxRAG3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. Mapmaking Mario? I'll try it out.

(I wonder if the special item was a _ _ _ _ _ ) [Ill just let you fill in the blanks with your mind]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: