Hacking Paperclip RCM "jig"

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im confused as to why it would be any harder to boot into rcm
I'm talking from a literal aspect because your question was if a Switch that never booted, would it be able to boot into RCM. And if you are unsuccessful in booting it into RCM, it will normally boot hence the original situation would no longer apply unless you don't count setting up the console as never booted up.

Reactions: turtlejay

turtlejay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm talking from a literal aspect because your question was if a Switch that never booted, would it be able to boot into RCM. And if you are unsuccessful in booting it into RCM, it will normally boot hence the original situation would no longer apply unless you don't count setting up the console as never booted up.
i suppose it would be prudent to update to 6.2 before the backup anyway since its supported. This would avoid downgrading too far, which is supposedly a bad thing?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i suppose it would be prudent to update to 6.2 before the backup anyway since its supported. This would avoid downgrading too far, which is supposedly a bad thing?
Not necessarily. Unless you plan on playing online, there's not that much reason to go to 6.2 especially since an entire CFW is not supported on that firmware. And yes, updating officially to 6.2 will burn fuses rendering you unable to downgrade and hypothetically take advantage of any future exploits released on lower firmwares. Which is why if you want to update, you should do so without burning fuses with the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX.

Divengerss.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Guys I need help pls. I boot into RCM with success, but after trying to launch with CFW, progress stop at "generated keys" and Nothing happens after that (The switch doesn't boot normally).

I'm on firmware 4.1.0 with an European console, so I Don't really know if it work.
Thanks for help.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys I need help pls. I boot into RCM with success, but after trying to launch with CFW, progress stop at "generated keys" and Nothing happens after that (The switch doesn't boot normally).

I'm on firmware 4.1.0 with an European console, so I Don't really know if it work.
Thanks for help.
What CFW are you using and where did you download it from?

Reactions: Lacius

TR_mahmutpek

medic
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey

Thanks for help.
Also dont use paperclip, its too messy rather than tinfoil piece.

Edit: This post addition to last post.

Daddy Horror

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, that, you dont need anything else, there is a video, just put a tiny piece on your joycon in the correct pins. It works perfectly. Not need for stupid jigs and crap like that.

yTV9pqy.jpg

ysH1zlC.jpg

watch after min 1:40

yTV9pqy

i've been trying paper clip for weeks this worked first freaking time,here's hopeing mines not patched

Reactions: bonkmaykr

DavidinCT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
upload_2020-6-12_8-53-4.png

Better picture on what pins you need in case someone is confused on the process... using tin foil !

This actually looks like the easiest method..

bonkmaykr

Battle Ready
Trophies
Website
bonkmaykr.xyz
XP
Country
United States
I scratched my joycon rail and it made this terrible sound, I think i'm scared now

i'm just gonna buy an actual jig because seeing my consoles get permanently damaged gives me fucking PTSD

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I scratched my joycon rail and it made this terrible sound, I think i'm scared now

i'm just gonna buy an actual jig because seeing my consoles get permanently damaged gives me fucking PTSD
Yeah the paperclip was a terrible idea it will only do more damage overtime. The thread was created during the infant year of switch hacking. Anyone new should just buy a reliable jig. Im still using the same Jig that sxos pro came with for 3 years, funny how it outlives the cfw in terms of consistent use.

bonkmaykr

Battle Ready
Trophies
Website
bonkmaykr.xyz
XP
Country
United States
Yeah the paperclip was a terrible idea it will only do more damage overtime. The thread was created during the infant year of switch hacking. Anyone new should just buy a reliable jig. Im still using the same Jig that sxos pro came with for 3 years, funny how it outlives the cfw in terms of consistent use.
Any way to replace the scratched off paint?

I'm buying a plastic jig now for like 5 dollars... can't believe i was so impatient i decided to use a paperclip. I'm an idiot lol

Last edited by bonkmaykr,

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Any way to replace the scratched off paint?

I'm buying a plastic jig now for like 5 dollars... can't believe i was so impatient i decided to use a paperclip. I'm an idiot lol
If you're just a little bit skilled with a soldering iron, you also have the option of modding your joycon. But honestly, the best option is still autoRCM for ease of use.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame: