Hacking Paper Mario and controls

DespizingU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a simple way that I can somehow edit the .wad of PM to change Z from L to LZ?

My hands are pretty big, and I always have to reach back to hit either the L or R shoulder buttons on the classic controller. So it's really nice on the emulators that I can change to LZ and LR, and I was wondering if there was somehow I can do the same('cept just LZ in this case) with this game.

Thanks for any help

killplaystation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wad? like the N64 version?
With the Wii version you could use those cheat hacks, they remapped some keys and even enabled other controllers for that New Donkey kong... it's still lame tho, but the cheats work like a charm. Bug someone to make one of those, not me tho

DespizingU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the 64 version that's on virtual console.

I already know about the controller for DKCR and other Wii games, but this is different. So I was wondering if it's just a matter of doing something to the .wad, or if it's a lot more involved than that. I'm not going to go through a ton of trouble to move the L function to LZ, but if it's easy enough then I would give it a shot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all