OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,
I hard-modded my old battery to be a Pandora. It managed to hack my Phat flawlessly.
After being in a state of non-use for several months, I decided to try and hack my new PSP Slim (Maden, came with 3.95 FW).
It wouldn't boot.
I tried to charge it, but the PSP doesn't even recognize that the battery is in.
There is no noticeable damage, and the only pin missing is the Pandora-Specific ICO-4 pin.
Does GBATemp have any suggestions?
Thanks!

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SFenton said:
Hey guys,
I hard-modded my old battery to be a Pandora. It managed to hack my Phat flawlessly.
After being in a state of non-use for several months, I decided to try and hack my new PSP Slim (Maden, came with 3.95 FW).
It wouldn't boot.
I tried to charge it, but the PSP doesn't even recognize that the battery is in.
There is no noticeable damage, and the only pin missing is the Pandora-Specific ICO-4 pin.
Thanks!

Have you tried plugging the power lead in to the psp turning the psp on minus a battery then clipping the PANDORA battery in so it starts charging!?

B-BoyMP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
It is possible that you have a PSP TA-088v3 (Motherboard), these PSPs can't be hacked.

You have to wait for release of a new Pandora. I think that it will not take long time to be released, they found a bug in the game "Grip Shift"

so be patient
yaypsp.gif

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
B-BoyMP said:
It is possible that you have a PSP TA-088v3 (Motherboard), these PSPs can't be hacked.

You have to wait for release of a new Pandora. I think that it will not take long time to be released, they found a bug in the game "Grip Shift"

so be patient
yaypsp.gif
can't be.
3.95OFW is always hackable.
and the US madden's are hackable.(tough the EU ones aren't)

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Make sure it's charged, and if it still doesn't work then you probably need to buy a new one. You can get them at DX for like... 10 bucks I think? I dunno, I just know they're pretty cheap and they work.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kobykaan said:
SFenton said:
Hey guys,
It wouldn't boot.
Thanks!

Have you tried plugging the power lead in to the psp turning the psp on minus a battery then clipping the PANDORA battery in so it starts charging!?

Yeah, that's the first thing I did. Like I said, I hacked my old one. I know all about the scene and everything. Even if you didn't mean to impy it, I am not a noob.

sconethief

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it your MMS? remake it. Then make sure that if you have to hold down a trigger that its being held when the battery is in.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You don't understand... the battery will not even boot the PSP, not even to the normal XMB.
Unless I NEED to have a magic memory stick in in order for it to boot, but that doesn't even make sense.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SFenton said:
You don't understand... the battery will not even boot the PSP, not even to the normal XMB.
Unless I NEED to have a magic memory stick in in order for it to boot, but that doesn't even make sense.

Without an MMS, that's exactly how it would seem, like it's doing nothing. Pandora battery forces a boot into test mode, and without an MMS (or another memory card that's been prepared to boot to CFW with a Pandora in place) nothing's going to happen on that PSP.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
SFenton said:
Yeah, that's the first thing I did. Like I said, I hacked my old one. I know all about the scene and everything. Even if you didn't mean to impy it, I am not a noob.

QUOTE(SFenton @ Feb 14 2009, 04:49 AM) You don't understand... the battery will not even boot the PSP, not even to the normal XMB.

Paradox'd! The question now becomes - When you insert the charged pandora does the green power LED light up but the screen remain black?

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
SFenton said:

QUOTE(SFenton @ Feb 14 2009, 04:49 AM) You don't understand... the battery will not even boot the PSP, not even to the normal XMB.

Paradox'd! The question now becomes - When you insert the charged pandora does the green power LED light up but the screen remain black?

It. Won't. Charge.
On my old PSP phat, it would do that.
Months of disuse later, however, it won't even boot to a black screen on my Madden Slim.
I will try and make a CFW stick.
Buying another Pandora is not an option (unless anyone lives in Japan).

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Will. It. Work. In. Your. PSP. PHAT?

If it works in another PSP then it's the PSP that's to blame and NOT the battery.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LOL, alright, you got me back
tongue.gif

My Phat is gone. Sold it for parts.
Now, I've gotten the PSP to recognize it, and I'm happy to report that the orange indicator will come on. Here's the problem, though:
It will go on, and off, almost rhythmically, on and off in very short (read: less than a second) bursts. Has anybody encountered this problem?
Google yields no results.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Does this happen when you have both the power supply and the battery connected?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
No. What i meant is that if you have the pandora battery in place, then plug in the power cable from the mains and turn the lot on (so in theory it can draw from the power cable and not the battery) does the PSP boot up normally. If you take the battery out and just plug the power cable in does the PSP boot up normally?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1