Gaming Pandora on 3000

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
theoretically it's possible.
the thing is, nobody has been able to reproduce the 2 main ingredients for the original pandora's battery on a 3k:
1: nobody besides certain employees of sony knows how to write a custom IPL that is recognised by the 3k
2: nobody has been able to figure out the new trigger for service mode

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Datel supposedly had the key to service mode (why else would Sony sue them for the Lite Blue Tool?)..however without the method to get a custom IPL up and running (a dumped Pre-IPL or hacked KIRK) then it's a moot point.

theforbidden1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks guys, i just wanted to make sure i was updated.

I know that thing about the chicken firmware, is there anything more recent?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
No...you're limited to using ChickHen to launch either CFWEnabler or 5.03GEN.

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
No...you're limited to using ChickHen to launch either CFWEnabler or 5.03GEN.

Which is why a Pandora on a 3000 is pretty worthless. The only mods for the PSP 3000 are all temporary and get reset as soon as the PSP is turned off. The Pandora would put the PSP on standby allowing you to launch the CFW from the Pro Duo, but this has been patched, thus making the Pandora entirely useless. ChickHen is the easiest/quickest mod to use right now.

I'm hoping a way to save the mods will come around soon. I'd like IRShell to come up as soon as I turn on my PSP. And my PSP freezes often while tinkering around with nethost, it'd be nice to not have to launch ChickHen, then CFWE, then IRShell again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0