OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so i bought a "pandora tool battery"
http://www.modchipcentral.com/store/Pandor...-Fat-p-176.html

I built the memory card and put the battery in and it wont load on its own..

So i tried charging the battery it wont charge.

When i leave the battery in and plug it in it will turn the green light on then flash the screen then immediately turn back off.

Im outta ideas i tried popping it open but it doesnt look like what the battery modding tutorials show

I have a Phat PSP 1001

fallinprine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also did The PSP Grader v008 with the official 5.00 and held the left shoulder the problem is the PSP wont stay on when i put the battery and have the cable plugged in

fallinprine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the battery in and the AC adapter in it turns the green light on flashes the screen then turns back off i cannot get it to stay on

Without the AC adapter it wont turn on at all. And it Will not charge

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fallinprine said:
Does no one have any ideas?? I've redone my memory card 5 times and it won't boot into that screen or even stay on

use PSP PANDORA DELUXE 2.7 or later.... and use your USB cable connected to your PSP (with your normal battery in) to format+ prepare your Memory stick and inject the IPL
smile.gif

then follow the built in INSTRUCTION MANUAL of PSP PANDORA DELUXE program
smile.gif

once the mem card is made turn the PSP off .... (you will need to use both hands for the next part) hold the L button or left on the thumbpad down and clip in the PANDORA BATTERY the PSP will power on green LED but no screen keep holding the button down and it should come up with the M33 install menu you will need to hold the battery in during the whole process .. its only for a minute or so while it flashes the CFW
smile.gif

RhiGhost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm having the same issue. I purchased a Tool online and have been trying to hack my 2 PSP's all day!
I have 2 PHATs, one on 4.05 ofw and the other on 3.11 ofw.
I have read through and watched soooo many guides and I have tried sooo many MMS makes but nothing is working!
My battery tool won't load at all, no power light, nothing. I'm holding the L button down and I've tried it when plugged into the AC. Nothing!
Any advice? Please!

Edit: I've tried everything already mentioned in this thread. I don't think its the Tool either, because it does charge when plugged in. Please I need some help in noob terms
smile.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
what size are your PRO DUO cards that your using!? if its 4gb or higher this could be the problem try a 2gb or a 1gb you may have more sucess as above use PANDORA DELUXE and make your MEM STICK with the usb cable and your mem stick in your psp (format it with the PSP) then use PANDORA DELUXE to format your card again through your USB CABLE and make sure you have checked the tick box for FORMAT+ prepare mem stick & use MSPFORMAT & INJECT IPL all checked in the settings ... make sure also that you have M33FW checked!

I use 3.90 to do psps with so ...

make sure you have 3.90 eboot on your hard drive download it from dark alex website etc ..

click LOAD 3.90 FIRMWARE (it will come up with a browse window) browse and find the 3.90 eboot and select it

check that under installations you have Despertar Cementerio v5 3.90 m33-3 ticked install pops loader ticked and install support tools for pandora then click start this will format the card inject the ipl and copy needed files over to the mem stick .... now turn your PSP off hold left on the thumbpad or up on the thumbpad or the L button (you can set these in pandora deluxe settings ) by default its up or L (I think) keep it held and clip in the pandora the psp should power on the power light will blink keep the battery held in place with one hand and keep holding left /L or up until the menu pops up to install M33 firmware by pressing the X button
smile.gif

press X when prompted this will start the flash process ... remember DO NOT LET GO OF THE BATTERY or attempt to put the PSP down if it falls out you may brick your psp mid flash!

note you need to have the TOOL battery FULLY CHARGED before flashing! so keep your PSP on with the AC cable and plug the battery in and charge it normally! with the PSP switched on!

RhiGhost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I tried doing what you said, step by step...twice. Nothing
frown.gif

Edit: I'm using a 1GB Sony magic gate mem stick and the tool comes up as fully loaded when i have it in the PSP with the AC cable pugged in.

Edit edit: Should anything in particular be selected in the Suppot Tools Options tab?

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RhiGhost said:
Quote:
What do I need?

* A psp (fat or slim) with firmware 1.5 or a CF ”OE” or CF M33.

I don't have that.

you have a PHAT/fat with original 4.05 firmware and one with 3.11 firmware the guide is the same just use the load +copy 4.01 firmware it should work for both psp's follow the guide in the last link get all the files and pandora deluxe 3.1 and read the whole guide to make the magic mem stick then click the link at the bottom If you want to know what to do with it and how to use it go HERE.

click the word HERE and it will take you to part 2 of the guide how to use the magic mem stick you just made
smile.gif

note you can use your original battery to power the psp to make the mem stick then swap it out for the pandora when you get to the part about using the pandora tool
smile.gif

RhiGhost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tried following what that site said to do, twice, again, but still nothing
frown.gif
Is it possible that its the Pandora Tool? Even though it charges and the PSP can read it when I go into battery info?

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RhiGhost said:
Tried following what that site said to do, twice, again, but still nothing
frown.gif
Is it possible that its the Pandora Tool? Even though it charges and the PSP can read it when I go into battery info?

when the PSP is on using the AC adapter ... disconnect it while its still on and check that its got over 70% (flashing will require this) charge it will stay on once the PSP is actually on when you do it like this
smile.gif

do you have another mem stick to try?!

a tip here is that a lot of SONY mobile phones use the PRO DUO mem sticks (eg k750i/w800i/w810i) so if you have one that's at least 1gb you can test it with it! just copy your content to the computer using the phones cable before starting
smile.gif

are you creating your mem stick using PANDORA DELUXE using your PSP with the card in it and the PSP usb cable!?

you could also try another USB port
smile.gif

RhiGhost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
when the PSP is on using the AC adapter ... disconnect it while its still on and check that its got over 70% (flashing will require this) charge it will stay on once the PSP is actually on when you do it like this
smile.gif

When I try this, with the pandora battery in, the battery symbol shows at 100% charged, but when I disconnect the AC adapter the PSP shuts off and does not stay on, the Pandora battery does not work as a battery on its own in this situation, is it suppose to?

QUOTE said:
do you have another mem stick to try?!
I don't have another memory stick to try at the moment, can't see how it would be that because I'm using a brand new Sony memory stick and it works when I play music from it on the PSP.

QUOTE said:
a tip here is that a lot of SONY mobile phones use the PRO DUO mem sticks (eg k750i/w800i/w810i) so if you have one that's at least 1gb you can test it with it! just copy your content to the computer using the phones cable before starting
smile.gif

I don't have a Sony phone.

QUOTEare you creating your mem stick using PANDORA DELUXE using your PSP with the card in it and the PSP usb cable!?
Yes thats how I'm doing it, although I'm not using a PSP usb cable, I'm using the one I got with my digital camera, could that be it? Do I need an original PSP usb cable?

you could also try another USB port
smile.gif
I've tried that, I've even tried it on 2 different PC's, one with Vista and the other with XP.

Thanks so much for your help!, I'm slowing counting off the things that could be wrong, hopefully its not the Pandora, I wanted to have my PSP hacked for the weekend
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, i did that in the morning but with vinegar +1