Pandora - Anyone here got one pre-ordered?

• Thread starter Jackreyes
  • Start date
  • Views 2,184
  • Replies 12

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, why are we talking about this right now? They'd announced it in September, maybe?
And no, I didn't preorder. I can't afford to pay $330 for a handheld.

Oh and BTW this is my 333rd post
yaynds.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so far i am not impressed by it
its too expensive
the vids on Engadget, it looked like it was made of really cheap plastic and even looked like it was breaking open in the middle
and im not sure why I should be impressed that it can run a 14 year old game (quake) without lag...

imo just get a netbook, or wait for a price reduction on it if it ever comes to below $250

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could be one of the stupidest things game-wise to spend money on.

1)It just runs emulators, get a PSP ; It'll be almost as good

2)It costs as much as a PS3

3)It's way too huge to be considered 'handheld', although it can be considered 'mobile'

4)If it's going to be this way, it should have some good firmware/OS and should also support games made especially for it so that it can be a device that homebrew-style developers can make games especially for. This would ensure that it would go far if it used something similar to Apple's AppStore on iPhone/Touch.

It's too much of a piece of shit for 300 bucks.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Pyrofyr said:

3)It's way too huge to be considered 'handheld', although it can be considered 'mobile'

4)If it's going to be this way, it should have some good firmware/OS and should also support games made especially for it so that it can be a device that homebrew-style developers can make games especially for. This would ensure that it would go far if it used something similar to Apple's AppStore on iPhone/Touch.

1) Not only is it an emulator, but it can run Quake 2 at full speed....natively. I assume other older games will work the same.

2) If you look at the hardware specs on it you'll see why

3) I agree with you there.

4) It will be able to run a stripped down version of Linux. As far as I know, there will be no Pandora exclusive games but I could be wrong.

read up on it a bit before you spout assumptions. It makes you sound like a retard otherwise.

QazzaQY2K

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You guys should read up on it.. Its Full 100% Open-Source .. Runs Linux (All sort of versions)
Yes there is a lot of games (homebrew) for it.. There will be many more to come. Huge project "only" sponsored by the community ($1.000.000) 4000x $330

Fun and you learn a lot of things!

sepinho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
dudeonline said:
Pyrofyr said:

1) Not only is it an emulator, but it can run Quake 2 at full speed....natively. I assume other older games will work the same.

2) If you look at the hardware specs on it you'll see why

3) I agree with you there.

4) It will be able to run a stripped down version of Linux. As far as I know, there will be no Pandora exclusive games but I could be wrong.

read up on it a bit before you spout assumptions. It makes you sound like a retard otherwise.

1) It actually runs Quake 3 fullspeed, I saw the device in action at Cebit 2010.

2) It _is_ somewhat costly, but yeah, look at the hardware and don't forget that it's a community-driven project. They can't subsidize their hardware like MS or Sony.

3) Guys, it's pretty much exactly the size of a NDS.

4) It's native OS is Angstrom Linux, but both Android and Maemo have already been ported. It actually has a dedicated SD card slot that you can boot from, so you don't even have to flash the native OS. Believe me, homebrew coders are already porting and developing games and stuff for the Pandora. A few select coders received samples to work with, everybody else can use the Beagleboard as a dev board, since it's basically the same hardware (minus touchscreen and wifi of course..).

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll buy one once all the bugs are worked out and it's running most N64 game at full speed. Any Pandoras that you've seen video of are only prototypes. The real consoles will be shipping next month.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there